Chapter 4.5: To Sacramento

The richness of life lies in memories we have forgotten.

-Cesare Pavese

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily went back to the room, feeling much better as Sarah was seriously examining all the documents that Ed handed her. Lily went back to her sit and also examined (some) of the information that was given to them.

Sarah glanced at Lily and focused her eyes back to the documents she was reading.

“Sooo… You alright now?” Sarah asked, while looking at the papers.

“Yeah, just don’t show those pictures again.”
Sarah chuckled, “How can you get a clue without looking at those pictures?”
Lily shrugged, “I don’t know… that’s why we’re partners, you look at the pics I’ll go with the documents.”

Sarah shook her head and grabbed the papers that Lily was reading, and showed her the pictures once more.

Lily freaked out instantly “SHIT SARAH!” she yelled covering her eyes with her hand.

“Lily. Please, just take a look at it. I understand that it might be your first time dealing with these things but I need your help right now.” Sarah insisted, holding the picture with her left hand as her right hand is gently trying to put down the hands that Lily used to cover her eyes.

Lily felt weak the moment Sarah touched her hand, her hand was lifted off from her eyes and she slowly opened it, and saw that disgusting, gruesome image that made her puke.She courageously looked at it and observed the picture trying to hold back whatever it is that is making her stomach turn.

“That’s good. So what do you see?” Sarah asked, her hand were still holding Lily’s

“Blood, organs and body parts?” Lily said disgusted about it.

“No, look closely.” Sarah pointed at the markings on the wall in the picture.
“Nedia Sirrom what does that even mean?” Lily asked turning her head to Sarah who’s only an inch away from hers.

“I don’t know, but let’s find out.” Sarah smiled and pulled back and sat back on her chair, typing Nedia Sirrom in google.

Lily looked at her computer screen, and glanced to Sarah’s serious face.

Silent Butcher, Woman Slitter, The Slasher that’s what he’s called, according to their research.

They searched about where the latest victim was found, and where she’s from

“Sarah McDylan Age 28, Cause of death: Slit in the throat, Body found: Sacramento,LA” Sarah muttered

“Lily, look at this.”

Sarah McDylan was a waitress at a pub; went missing for 3 days made a phone call with her friends telling them “GET OUT, GET AWAY NOW” the night before her disappearance, No suspects were found. Believe to have been the 8th woman victim of the Slasher who killed around 20 people including McDylan.

Lily scanned the documents Ed gave them hoping that she can find connections of McDylan.

“Here, these are the possible people who McDylan contacted before she died.” Lily showed the paper to Sarah.

“We’d have to get to them one by one”

“Yup, we better pack our things and maybe we’ll just stay in Sacramento for days.”