Chapter 5: The Slasher

201“We’ve all got the power in our hands to kill, but most people are afraid to use it. The ones who aren’t afraid, control life itself.”

-Richard Ramirez (This one is a serial killer btw.)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah looked at the boy in the backseat; she could sense the fear in the boy’s eyes.

“What’s your relationship to McDylan?” Sarah asked gently, she was trying to convey that it’s okay now; and that it’s safe.

“She’s the bestfriend of my sister, please don’t go to Sacramento, He’s there.” the boy begged

“He’s chasing after us, since we know what he looks like.” The boy added, Sarah’s eyes widened

“Then tell us what is he like?” Lily jumped right in the conversation.

“Tall man, with Doe brown eyes, curly brown hair, and fair skin. He’s an attractive dude you won’t know he’s a killer unless he shows you his machete and crossbow.”

“How did McDylan met him, do you know? And where’s the rest of the *us* you are saying?” Lily asked the boy questions once more; Sarah was impressed by Lily’s interrogation skills well probably because that’s what she wants to hear too.

“We split up; when he chased after us. We just can’t hide from him. I don’t know what happened to my sister and the rest when we split up in the forest. I kept running until I lost them, I’m just lucky that there were patrols, they saw me and I told them to get me out of Sacramento, they dropped me by the gasoline station where you found me. They told me they’d contact the best detectives to investigate this case. That was about 4-5 days ago. McDylan met him at the club where she works.” The boy answered, his voice was trembling.

“Anyway you haven’t tell your name yet, so what’s your name?” Sarah asked trying to calm the boy down.

“Ryan… Ryan Rodriguez.” the boy replied… Sarah smiled at him

“We’ll handle this case. But you need to help us out okay?”

The boy nods

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 6 hours and 30 minutes, Sarah and Lily finally arrived in Sacramento

Sarah noticed that Lily was extremely tired. She suggested that they’d stay in a hotel first then start the investigation tomorrow. Lily agreed. They stayed at Delta King Hotel for that night; they took the boy with them, having to pay a room for 3 persons.

When they arrived Lily immediately lay on the bed, and in just a few minutes she’s already asleep. Sarah on the other hand wanted to interview the boy further as the boy stepped into the room; she immediately asked.

“So, where’s the forest you are telling me and how did you get there?” Sarah was standing in front of the boy; she was looking into his eyes, she could feel that the boy was hiding something.

“It’s a bit far from here, I need to locate my sister too Ma’am I just want to know whether they’re alright or not.”

“Okay we’ll be going there tomorrow. We need to be early so that we can gather clues about who this man is, for now. You can take a rest.” Sarah said calmly. The boy nods and proceeded to the empty bed, opposite to where Lily was