Chapter 14: Bloodbath

“It really boils down to this: that all life is interrelated. We are all caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tired into a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one destiny, affects all indirectly.” 

― Martin Luther King Jr.

==========================================================================

It’s been a week since Chandler’s death, Ed on the other hand was investigating the whereabouts of Mikhail; but there were no traces, when the investigation team came to Sarah’s old condominium; they just saw a CD that contains footage of man and woman skinned alive. As for the two; everything was back to normal.

=======================================================================

Sarah and Lily were both in the office; they too were searching the whereabouts of Sarah’s paternal brother; Khail and there were truckloads of work piled up on their desk; because of Ed’s bitterness with the two.

“That son of a bitch.” Sarah mumbled as she saw the two piles of folders of about 12 inches thick.

“This is totally unfair, everyone’s like on vacay for the holidays and here we are; working.”  Lily said as she’s doing her reports in her desk.

Ed suddenly came in the room.

“Hello girls, so how’s work?” he said sarcastically as the two woman glared at him

“Shut up and go back to your hellhole.” Sarah hissed; Ed raised his brow and crossed his arms as he walks closer to Sarah.

“I’m still your boss, Have a little respect if you don’t want an additional work” he said as he smiled smugly.

“I have you wrapped around my finger. Ed, you can’t threaten me. We can always get a job Ed, We’re famous. We can leave and go to Miami’s police department and apply there” Sarah said with her sarcastic “matter-of-fact” tone. Pissing Ed off, what she said was true. She wants Sarah there because she likes her.

 Lily giggled; making Ed more pissed.

He let out a deep sigh “Anyway. I’ m not here to argue with you, I am here to introduce our new Sergeant Léonide Cyrille Victore.”

A Man entered the room; Lily looked at him; he was wearing khaki pants and black fitted shirt; he has this towering, muscular frame. Lily was quite intimidated by his presence.

“Nice to meet you” his voice was low and firm with his French accent in play. He offered a handshake to Sarah and Lily.

“Ed, are you sure about him?” Lily asked as she raised her brow; she kinda remembered the day that Ed hired Khail.

“Your boss, Edward C. Montgomery already told me about that incident. And no young lady, I am not just like him.” there was this boastfulness coming from the man’s voice.

“You look very familiar to me. Have I met you before?” Sarah asked furrowing her brows and trying to recognize the man.

“Yes. You are Sarah Catherine Paulson we’ve met before when I was stationed in U.K for a week. I’ve come here to work with you, and your Partner…. Because it seems so interesting”

Lily cleared her throat. “Uhmm. We’d better get back to work now.” She politely stated

“Ohh.. Yeah… a Sergeant let’s go to the other staff and I’ll lead you to your office.” Ed said; but before they leave Leonide look at Sarah and gave her the *I’ll be watching you gesture* as he sneered.