Chapter 7: Dark Secrets

When you bring the darkness to the table, it doesn't rule you or hurt other people, but when we keep it secret, it's dangerous.

Natalie Goldberg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since she was a child it was her dream to chase after the man who killed her grandparents. The police found the young Sarah sitting in a pool blood in her grandparents’ home in Tennessee. Lucky for her she was spared, when the police arrived they found the gruesome scene; they contacted her parents who were out of town that time. The culprit wasn’t caught up to this day, that’s the reason why Sarah is still carrying this other persona that was residing within her.

===================================================================

Sarah looked at her reflection in the mirror as she drowned herself in deep thoughts

1.      How will she break up with her current girlfriend who she never truly love

2.      Is Lily going to be okay?

3.      How will I face Lily?

4.      How will I protect the people who I love?

5.      What if… they’ll find out?

Suddenly, she heard Zachary from outside.

“Lily seems to be moving!” Zachary excitedly spilled the news from outside; Sarah quickly opened the door and quickly went to her bedside. Sarah noticed Lily’s fingers moving.

She gently put one of her hand on Lily’s head and on her chest as she leaned closer and whispered “please wake up. I need you… I love you…” the blonde slowly opened her eyes, and smiled weakly.

“Lily!?”Zachary noticed the blonde woke up, her eyes were opened slightly gazing at the room,Zachary and Ryan ran to her bedside as Sarah looked at her lover.

“I… I… m ss…..y…ou” Lily spoke weakly and lightly, Sarah felt mixed emotions; happiness, fear, nervousness and excitement. Lily was awakened by Sarah’s voice, If it wasn’t for her she could’ve just gave up. She slowly moved her left arm and cupped Sarah’s face, as her right hand squeezed Zachary’s hand weakly.

The doctor then arrived, along with 2 nurses, Sarah, Zachary and Ryan gave some space for the staffs to operate, the doctor checked Lily’s gunshot. The nurses on the other hand injected something on Lily.

“So, how is she?” Sarah asked politely as she snivelled.

“She’s going to be fine, in 2 days. The infection seems to be less severe than yesterday; however we still can’t guarantee whether her condition is already stable so, she’ll be staying here for observation anyway, I still have some rounds and patients to visit so, I’ll come back later for further observation.”

Sarah nods, the doctor and the nurses then got out of the room.
Sarah noticed someone staring at her; it was Ed and Ian they gestured for Sarah to go outside.

Sarah went to Lily’s bedside; the blonde was looking at her, “I’ll be back” Sarah said softly as she squeezed Lily’s hand, and left the room

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Paulson, you okay now?” Ed asked hands on his pocket.