Ds!Dreamare Part 2

TW: Abusive Behavior

This was requested by Millennium_star! Thank you for requesting.

It had been a few days since the incident. Nightmare was still extremely angry at Dream. He refused to leave the room that Dream had made for him and has been refusing to talk to him for days.

He heard a knock on the door assuming it was Dream and decided to ignore it. 

"Nightmare?" He called out.

Nightmare ignored him, rolling over and staring at the wall.

"I'm coming in." He said while slowly opening the door. He automatically noticed Nightmare laying on the bed. His body was covered by blue and yellow blankets. 

Dream walked into the room, closing the door behind him. "Nightmare?"

He didn't bother looking up. He continued looking at the wall, just waiting for Dream to leave.

Dream sat on the other side of the bed. After a few minutes Nightmare couldn't take it anymore and yelled at Dream to leave him alone.

"Nightmare-" Dream started but before he could say much he was interrupted.

"Just shut up! Leave me alone!!" Nightmare hissed, pulling the blankets over his whole body.

Dream decided that there was no use reasoning with him right now. He was getting rather impatient though. It had been days and Nightmare had continued to act hostile towards him. He was getting tired of it. walked out of the room, making sure to close the door behind him.

When Dream had finally left, Nightmare broke down crying. He missed Cross, Error and Kevin. He hated being confined in this room but he'd rather be stuck in the room than talk to Dream. He felt so betrayed. It hurt so much more than the first time.

He curled up on himself, continuing to cry. There was a loud bang that could be heard in the hallway. Nightmare jumped, remembering when he first woke up in this room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nightmare woke up, breathing heavily. He sighed in relief assuming that the previous events were just a dream. He soon realized that they were not. 

He got out of bed and walked over the wall trying to feel for the light switch but it wasn't where he was expecting it to be. He eventually found the light switch.

Light pooled into the room, illuminating it. Nightmare covered his eyes with his hand. He slowly pulled it away as he got used to the light. His soul sank to the bottom of his chest as soon as he noticed he wasn't where he thought he was. 

He walked over to the window. He moved the curtains away from the window. He peeked outside. The window was too high to jump from, Dream likely planned this he thought.

Nightmare walked over to the door and slowly cracked it open and looked outside the door. Thankfully for him there were only a few workers walking him around. He easily snuck past them and walked down the stairs.

He was already halfway through a window on the bottom floor when he finally got caught. He got pulled back into the building by none other than Ink.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Leaving. What does it look like?"

Ink looked utterly baffled. "Why?"

"What do you mean why? Isn't it obvious?" He asked, while staring at the still open window.

"No? The boss isn't trying to kill you anymore and he gave you one of the best rooms in this whole building. So why are you trying to leave?"

"I don't want to stay. So I'm leaving." He stated nonchalantly.

Ink rolled his eyes. "You knew what I meant."

"I want to go home." Nightmare huffed, crossing his arms. "I also don't want to be around Dream. I don't care if he comes looking for me."

"I can't let you do that."

"Well too bad I'm doing it." He said while attempting to leave through the window again.

Ink pulled him back again. He held Nightmare over his shoulder while he closed the window. 

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because it's my job?"

Nightmare sighed. "You could just let me go and not tell Dream."

"Don't give me that shit. You know there are security cameras."

"So what? Even if he sees you let me go it's not like he's going to fire you."

"You have no idea how many times I've screwed up." He stated. He carried Nightmare back to the same room he woke up in.

"Look Nightmare I don't have anything against you I just can't afford to let you go." He said, closing the door behind him.

Nightmare sighed. He laid down on the bed and stared up at the ceiling.

A few minutes later he heard a knock on the door. He ignored it, while continuing to stare at the ceiling.

The door slowly creaked open and Dream peaked through the door. "Nightmare?"

Nightmare ignored him.

"Can we talk?" He asked softly.

Nightmare sighed. "No. I don't want to talk to you."

"Why?"

"Oh I don't know, Dream! Take a wild guess!"

"Is it because you want to leave?"

"It's way more than that but yes that is a part of it." He huffed.

"If you wanted to leave so badly why didn't you tell me."

"I thought it was fucking obvious!"

"You have been refusing to talk to me for days. How was I supposed to know?" Dream sighed. "Look if you want to leave so badly then go." 

"I tried to but your stupid bodyguard stopped me!"

He opened the door. "I can escort you out so no one bothers you?"

Nightmare nodded. He didn't look and Dream the entire walk to the door. 

"You'll come back right?" Dream asked.

"Yes." He said. He didn't mean it though. Nightmare only said that so that Dream would let him leave.

As soon as Nightmare left the castle he immediately teleported to his house. He quickly ran up to the door and knocked on it.

He heard what he assumed was bickering inside the house. It didn't last long though as someone had opened the door.

Two skeletons were standing in the doorway, their eyes widened as soon as they saw the other. It didn't take long for Nightmare to be knocked onto the ground by a certain skeleton.

"Cross!" Nightmare exclaimed. He wrapped his arms around the other even though he was still on the ground.

Error snickered. He beckoned them both inside. Cross got up off of Nightmare and the both went into the house.