Inkmare Angst

TW: Death, Suicide

This was requested by ConfusedSpookyBaker

"Ink!!!"

"Hey it's okay I'm fine see." He said while smiling up at him.

Nightmare's eyes went wide. Ink's body was slowly dusting away. 

"No! No!! No!!!" Nightmare took a deep breath. He felt tears running down his face.

"Hey.. hey. Shhh.. It's okay, it'll be fine."

"No! I can't lose you Ink! I can't-"

"Shhh.. hey don't cry anymore you'll make me cry.."

"How are you so calm about this!? You're literally dying."

"I can't die, remember. I'm soulless."

"Ink-"

Ink lifted his hand up and gently rubbed Nightmare's cheek bone. He smiled at him. "It's okay Nighty you'll be fine."

"But you-"

"Don't worry about me. You've done everything you could've, this was my fault after all.. Anyways, you wanna hear something funny? Well y'know me i've always been afraid of being forgotten but i'm not afraid of that anymore. I know you'll remember me, Nighty."

"Ink-"

"Just move on okay promise me you'll move on okay? I don't want you to live the rest of your life being all sad about my death.. okay?"

"You're not going to die, I'm not going to let you. Just hold on a bit longer. I can find Dream-"

"No."

"But-"

"It's too late besides I want to spend my last moments with you. I love you Nighty."

"I- I love you too.."

"Just smile for me please."

"I can't.."

Ink frowned. "Oh come on, of course you can. Remember that one time.. that one time we all went to go get ice cream and Killer threw his ice cream at Dust face-"

"Ink-

"Oh come on! That was funny right?"

Nightmare sighed. "Of course it was but.."

"It's okay! I can do better! Remember that one time that Horror almost ate the leg off the dining room table? Or!? That one time that Cross found Error's chocolate stash and stole some and then Error chased him around the castle-"

Nightmare laughed.

Ink smiled brightly at him. "Thanks Night. I really need to hear that one last time."

"Wait no!! Ink!! Don't leave me Ink!!"

But it was too late. The only thing left of Ink was his dust, his clothes, and his giant paintbrush.

Nightmare and Dream had made a gravestone for him and buried him near the castle. Nightmare visited him for a whole month after his death but then abruptly stopped

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nightmare walked over the grave. His grave. The gravestone was painted in all the colors of the rainbow but were faded now leaving the rock pastel rainbow colored. Ink's name was carved into the grave. Nightmare was the one who had done that.

He sat down placing a rainbow rose on top of the dirt.

"Hey.. Ink?"

He paused for a second, rubbing his eye and trying his best not to cry.

"It's been a while.. I was trying to move on like you told me to.. but you're just too special, Ink and I miss you I miss you so much! I'm sorry.. I can't take it anymore.. Besides, everyone else would be better off without me anyways.. Everyone else is happy, everyone else has moved on but I can't. I just can't. So.. Ink please forgive me all right?"

"I love you" He spoke quietly, barely above a whisper.

Nightmare summoned his soul and took a small knife out of his pocket. He held his apple shaped sould in his hand, making sure not to squeeze it. He held the knife in his other hand and in one swift motion stabbed it. It only hurt for a second. It made him feel dizzy and light headed. He tried to stabilize himself but before he could he fell.

Word Count: 612