Errormareberry

This was requested by Ecliptic_Plute! Thank you so much for waiting. Because of how may requests had pilled up this oneshot took a really long time for me finally start. I'm also sorry that It's shorter than usual. This was really fun to write so I might do a part two later.

Blue slammed open the front door. He had a huge grin on his face and he was jumping up and down repeatedly. "You two won't believe what I found!" He exclaimed.

It didn't take long for Nightmare and Error to make their way over to the front room. "What is it Blue?" Error asked peering over at the energetic skeleton. 

Blue pulled his hands out from behind his back. He was holding a small fluffy rabbit in his arms. 

Nightmares face was completely blank. Error looked slightly concerned. "Why are you two looking at me like that? I thought you would be more excited.." 

"Where did you even get-"

"Oh yeah! I'll tell you the whole story! So I was taking a walk this morning and I made it all the way to the entrance of the forest and just I was considering whether I should turn back or not.. I saw this little guy running out of the forest. Isn't he adorable!" 

"Berry. You can't just take an animal out of its natural habitat like that."

"But Night-"

"Look I get why you did it but you need to put it back where it came from."

"Why can't we keep him? Look at him he's adorable!"

Nightmare sighed. "Berry. It's a wild animal from the forest. It could have a family for all you know."

Blue's face dropped. "Y-your right.." he mumbled.

Nightmare pulled Blue closer to him and whispered something to him. Blue's eyes light up.

"What are you talking about?" Error asked, lifting a brow.

"Oh. I just told Blue that if he took the rabbit back to the forest that I would get him any pet he could possibly want." 

"And you didn't think to talk to me first? This is my house."

"I didn't think you'd care." Nightmare huffed. 

"Well you were wrong."

"Aww are you jealous, Error?"

"No!" Error flushed. "I just don't appreciate you making promises like that."

"I know you like cats.."

"You're not getting me a cat, Night."

"Why not?"

"Just because I like cats doesn't mean I want to own one. Taking care of an animal takes a lot of work and responsibility and I don't think we are ready for something like that."

"Error. Listen to me. You're one of the most responsible out of everyone I ever ment."

"That's not as high a bar as you're acting like it is."

Nightmare chuckled. Error looked over at Blue, who was cradling the rabbit in his arms.

"But I guess we could try it out. If you two really want to.."

"Yay! Thank you so much Error!" Blue exclaimed. 

"Whatever.." Error murmured. He smiled slightly.

"Now how about we bring that rabbit back to the forest? Blue?"

Blue nodded. Both Blue and Nightmare were about to leave but they turned around last minute. "Are you coming?"

"Yeah." Error mumbled. He followed Nightmare and Blue out of the house and closed and locked the door behind him. Blue led the way, he was walking rather fast.

Error thought Blue was absolutely adorable. The way that he walked and hummed joyfully to himself but what he liked the most about Blue was how he could make the best out of any situation. He alway had a smile on his face no matter the situation and Error loved him for that.

"Error?"

"What?"

Nightmare wrapped one his tentacles around Error pulling him closer to him. "I want you to pay more attention to me." He whispered.

Error flushed. "Fuck off."

Blue gasped. He turned around, facing Error and Nightmare. "Error!!"

"Sorry!" Error exclaimed. He pulled his scarf up slightly to try and hide his face.

Blue blinked. "What are you two doing?"

"Don't worry about us Berry." Nightmare stated.

"You know even if I tried I couldn't stop worrying about you. I care about you, both of you."

Error pulled his scarf up more, trying to hide his face.

"Error? Are you okay"

He nodded slowly. "I'm fine, Blue."

"Are you sure?" Blue asked, moving even closer to Error. 

"Of course i'm sure!" Error exclaimed. He felt his face become even hotter.

Blue gently rubbed Error's cheek. "Are we embarrassing you?"

"No." Error huffed. "Let's just keep walking.."

"Alright!" Blue exclaimed. He lingered close by Error as they continued to walk.

They soon reached the opening to the forest. The forest was pretty dark and the trees were rather tall and lanky. 

Blue sat down on his knees and gently placed the rabbit down on the grass. The rabbit sniffed around while looking at its surroundings after a few seconds it ran off into the forest.

Error noticed how Blue's expression had changed. He gently squeezed his hand. Blue looked up at him and smiled. 

"It's okay Error!" Blue smiled while watching the rabbit disappear into the undergrowth. 

Error smiled to himself. He glanced over at Nightmare. He looked rather unfazed but Error could tell that wasn't truly how he felt. Nightmare had always been more emotional than he would let on.

 "We should head back now." Nightmare stated.

"Alright!" 

"Hey Blue?"

"Hmm?"

"If you could have any animal as a pet which animal would you choose?"

"I like all animals so it's really hard to choose but I think I would go with a cat."

"Why?"

"Because you like cats of course!"

Error flushed slightly. "You shouldn't just get a cat because I like cats.."

"Why not? Cats are cute and I want you to be happy."

"I just want you to choose a pet based on what you want, not what I want."

"Why not both?"

"Well I mean I guess that's okay. Just as long as you aren't just doing it for me. I want you to be happy as well you know."

Blue nodded. "Of course!"

Word Count: 968