Epilogue

*8 years later*

February 13, 2023

"Mummy!! Mummy!! Mummy!! Come here!!" Three-year-old Jacob was pulling on my arm, trying to get me to go somewhere with him.

"Jake, take it easy on mummy," Luke scolded.

"I'm sowwy" he apologized, and he took ahold of my fingers and let me walk with him to what he wanted to show me.

"See, mummy, artwork!" He smiled and my mouth dropped open.

"Jacob..." Was all I could manage to say. He drew all over the walls of their playroom.

"Jacob, I told you not to draw in the walls," I said, covering my face with my hand.

Luke came up behind me, "Jacob, are you stressing mummy- woah..." He paused, "Jacob.. We told you not to draw on the walls"

I turned back to Luke and said, "this isn't going to come off..."

"Han, it's crayons and washable marker.. It's fine" he assured me, "and you need to stop stressing out, babe.. The doctors said its bad for you and the baby"

"I'm sorry, Luke, but I just can't not stress out when it's Ella's first day of third grade, and Jacob draws on the walls.." I told him.

"Babe, how about you go lay down and relax.. I'll take care of the walls"

"Fine" I walked into our room and laid down on our bed. I took a nap, needing one.

------

When I woke up, I looked in the playroom. The crayon and marker on the walls was all gone. I walked downstairs, and saw that Luke and Jacob were outside. I realized it was almost time for Ella to come home. I walked outside with them, and the bus soon came, carrying Ella on it. Ella got off and ran to Luke. He picked her up and spun her around.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! I had the best day ever!" She exclaimed.

"Really sweetie!?" He asked.

"Yeah! My teacher is so nice and it was awesome to see my friends again" she explained.

"That's great" Luke smiled at her, and put her down so she could run over to me.

"Hey mummy!"

"Hi Sweetie! So you had a good day at school?"

"Yeah! The best! I missed being with you guys all day though"

"what about me?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah, I missed you too, Jacob" she crouched down to Jake's height.

He smiled at her, and she stood back up. She held out her hand so Jake could grab it, and he did, then we walked inside. She was such a great older sister and was going to be a great older sister again once this new baby comes. She's telling us it's a girl, and everyone says to listen to a kid, but who knows? I'm thirty-two weeks and we decided to be surprised this time.

"Daddy, was mummy sad all day about me going back to school? I don't want her to be. It's just another thing to stress her out" I heard Ella ask Luke.

"No, Ella, she was okay after a little bit. She did get stressed out when Jacob drew on the walls. Again" Luke explained to her the whole story.

There was then a knock at the door. I remembered that we had invited Charlotte, Michael, their six-year-old son Aiden, and their three-year-old daughter Sophia over for dinner. I let them in and welcomed them. Sophia trotted over to Ella. Sophia loved Ella so much, and since Ella was so good with kids, she loves Sophia too.

Michael went to talk with Luke, and I talked with Charlotte. Aiden ran up to the play room to play with Jacob.

Charlotte and I sat down in the living room to talk since Ella and Sophia went to Ella's room and Michael and Luke went into the back porch. In the middle of talking, Charlotte randomly asked, "Aren't you going to thank me?"

"For what?" I was so confused.

"For taking you to the party, like, nine years ago"

"Thank you, Charlotte"

"You better be thanking me, because if I never would've taken you there, you would've never gotten pregnant, probably not even met Luke! You wouldn't be near here if I wouldn't have taken you to that party! You're welcome"

I had never thought of it that way. If I would've said no to the party, I wouldn't have gotten pregnant and I would've never had Ella. I would not have met Luke or any of his friends. I would be nowhere near here. I wouldn't be happily married with two kids and one on the way. I was glad I went to that party. It was the best decision of my life.

THE END!!!