Chapter 19 - Home

August 11, 2013

I was now a little over thirty-three weeks, and I was getting big. It had been almost two months since Luke left, and I was almost losing it. I couldn't handle not seeing him in person for about two months... But I was glad he was coming home today. I was waiting at the airport for him to get off of the plane. Liz and Andrew were here too. I couldn't wait to see Luke get off the plane and see his face. I couldn't wait to nuzzle my head into his chest. I couldn't wait to wrap my arms around his neck and hug him, then kiss him. I couldn't wait to fall asleep next t him again. I couldn't wait to cuddle him again. I missed him so much, more than I thought I did.

Liz, Andrew, and I were sitting on a bench in the airport when suddenly, we saw lots of people walking past us. A plane had just landed, and these people were getting off. It was Luke's plane. He was in the mob somewhere.

"Luke!! Luke!?!!" We yelled into the mob, trying to find Luke.

"Luke!! Where are you!?" I yelled.

"Hannah!?!!" I heard a voice say. It was Luke's. I saw his head above everyone else's now. He is so tall and so easy to pick out.

"Luke, over here!!" I yelled, motioning him towards us.

He came towards us, and he saw me. He ran the rest of the way to us and hugged me as tight as he could.

"I missed you so much, baby.." He whispered into my ear.

"I missed you too, Lukey" I whispered back.

"Hey Luke!! We missed you too!" Andrew said to him, wanting a hello and a hug.

"Hi dad, hi mum" he said, hugging them both, "sorry about that.."

"It's fine, Luke. We get it. You really love her and care about her, and you missed her,"

"Yeah. I did, and I do" he smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Now let's get through this crowd.." He said, grabbing my hand firmly and not letting go. He didn't want me to get lost. I made sure to have Liz and Andrew right behind us.

Finally, we made it out of the airport. We got into our car and drove back to our house. Luke and I went straight up to his room, and he saw his clothes scattered on the floor.

"I know I'm pretty messy, but I know I didn't do this.." He told me.

"I did, dumbass"

"I know that. You just love wearing my clothes, don't you?" He kissed my forehead.

"Yes, I do. I slept in your clothes every night, and I kept forgetting to put them in the laundry"

"Will I even have clothes to wear? Or did you wear them all?"

"Shut up, smart-aleck.. You still have plenty of shirts and boxers, I didn't use all of them"

"Not all, meaning very single one except for one of each"

"Shut up!!" I said, playfully punching his arm.

"Okay, babe, I'll get this cleaned up, and you can just lay on the bed and wait for me, then we'll cuddle"

"Sounds good to me. Thanks babe" I said, pecking his lips. I missed doing that, not just the make-out sessions, I mean, little pecks on the lips like that. I loved that.

I laid down on the bed while Luke cleaned the clothes up. I felt bad that I had created a mess, then have Luke clean it up, but he offered, and I'm getting into the phase of the pregnancy where I can't to things very well, like bend down, so cleaning that up would be terrible.

Luke finished putting the clothes in the laundry, then came and laid beside me in the bed. He put his one arm underneath my head and his other around my waist. My one had laid on my side while the other was used to pull Luke's face closer to mine for me to kiss him. I had been waiting for this for almost two months now, but it was worth it.