Chapter 4 - Tests

February 16, 2013

*6 weeks later*

I woke up that morning at Charlotte's house because I slept over the night before. I didn't feel well this morning, but I hadn't been feeling well at all.  It just felt worst that day. It felt like I was getting beat up, especially in the stomach. I told Charlotte's mum about it, because she's a nurse, and she asked me different things.

"When did you first feel sick?" She asked.

"A little more than a week ago, maybe about two weeks."

"Okay, and where all does it hurt?"

"Well, I have a headache, a stomach ache, I'm tired, and I feel nauseous."

"Oh, um.. Just wondering, have you had any sexual activity lately, like, maybe since New Years?"

"No," I thought of Luke, "Well, actually, yes.."

"You are probably pregnant, Hannah. I suggest getting a few pregnancy tests, then maybe even going to the doctors for an ultrasound."

My jaw dropped, "o-okay". I then grabbed my wallet out of my bag and drive to the drugstore down the road. I picked up a few pregnancy tests, then drove back to Charlotte's house. I snuck past her, sitting in the living room and walked up to her bedroom. I then walked into the bathroom connected to her room. As I was taking the tests, the only thing in my mind was, "Please be negative, please be negative!"

I walked out of the room after taking them because I had to wait five minutes. It felt like the longest time ever. Charlotte actually came in after about three minutes. I was laying on her bed, constantly looking at my phone to see how much time was left. She then looked at me weird, "What's wrong, Hannah?"

"Um, nothing. I'm fine," I covered.

"Why do you keep looking at your phone then?"

"I'm waiting for a reply from Jaxon.. He told me he needed to tell me something about a change in plans. We were supposed to go out to eat with our parent's friends, but I'm not sure," I lied about my older brother texting me. He's eighteen, and I do text him a lot, though. I made the whole thing up.

"Oh okay," she nodded.

Another minute passed, and then Charlotte's mum called her down for something. Charlotte left her room, and as I heard her running down the stairs, my phone buzzed. It had been five minutes.. It was now time to see. I was so nervous. My hands were shaking so much. I could hardly even open the bathroom door. Once I got it opened, I walked over to the sink, and there were the tests. I looked and all three of them said positive. Tears formed in my eyes, and my began crying. I walked back into Charlotte's bedroom with the tests in my pocket. I sat down on Charlotte's bed, the pulled my feet up. I cried onto my lap for a while.

Minutes later, I was still crying, and Charlotte came in. She sat down next to me and said, "Sorry Hannah, my mum needed me to- wait.. Are you crying?"

I didn't say anything; I just nodded. She hugged me and asked why. I didn't feel like saying anything, so I pulled the tests out and ended up actually saying something: "These.."

"Hannah.. I'm sorry," she said when she saw the tests. She hugged me even tighter then. I hugged her back and cried onto her shoulder. I was so nervous.. I didn't know what I was going to do, how I was going to tell Luke, any of that. I was sixteen and pregnant... I was scared.

~

Sorry it's really short (and sorry if I annoy you by saying that all of the time..)!! I hope you like it anyways!!

-Lizzie xx