Chapter 10 - Miss Hemmings

May 4, 2013

It was now late into the fall in May, and I was going to find out the sex of the baby. Luke had completely avoided me since I told him about the baby. It seemed like he wanted no part of it. It was terribly annoying. Also, they were on break from the tour, so I had seen them around Sydney a lot. It was probably hard for Luke to notice me then avoid me. He saw me and my growing baby bump, but I didn't think he cared about the baby being his. At least that's what he told me the last time he'd talked to me.

*Luke's POV*

I saw Hannah everywhere. I couldn't help but look at her. She usually wears shirts that are a little tighter, and they show her little baby bump. When she looks at me, I look away. I wanted to tell Hannah that I was sorry, but I didn't think she would want to talk to me after what I had said. So, I just stayed away from her. I guess that's what she wanted. It was so hard for me to try to not look at her when she's around. It was amazing to think that the baby she carried is mine. The baby inside the cute little baby bump she has is my child. I needed to tell her sorry soon, because I needed to help her. She can't be a Mum at seventeen. I'm still sixteen and I'm guessing she is too, but we will be seventeen soon. Still, seventeen is too young to be parents. I was so scared, though. I guessed she was too, I mean, I—the father of the child—told her that I wouldn't help her. I needed to do something and soon.

*Hannah's POV*

I also hadn't talked to my parents since they kicked me out. I had the school change the address where they sent any of my school mail to Charlotte's house, well, it was technically my house. Her house was my home. It had been my second home before, but then it was my first. They had been the greatest thing for me during my early pregnancy.

I was in my room finishing getting ready when Charlotte knocked on our door. I told her to come in since I was just finishing my hair in our bathroom. She was the one that stayed with me this whole time and supported me.

"You almost ready, Hannah?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm just finishing my hair." I told her. I then finished the last piece of hair to curl and walked out.

"I'm ready now," I announced, smiling brightly.

"Okay, let's go," she said, rushing me to get downstairs and into the car.

------

"So, Hannah.. Do you want to know the sex, or do you not want to?" The nurse asked me.

"I do," I told her, and she nodded.

"Okay, your baby is a girl!" She announced after looking closely at the screen.

I smiled at Charlotte who always came in with me since Luke wasn't there to. She smiled back, and the nurse then said, "Congratulations!"

"Thank you," I smiled.

We walked out of the room after I got the gel off of my stomach. Charlotte looked at me and said, "So.. You've got a little Miss Hemmings, huh?"

"I guess she is a Hemmings," I liked to think that my baby was a Hemmings. I smiled, and Charlotte asked, "Hannah, do you miss Luke?"

"No.. He doesn't want to be in the baby's life, so he doesn't have to," I said, but I secretly wanted him back in my life. I also didn't want him to not be in the baby's life. I needed him for support too, because I didn't have much money.

"Hannah, I have an idea. I can tell you need him in the baby's life and for support. Write him a note, and then you can stick it on his door, ring the doorbell, and have it be like a ding dong ditch. You won't need to talk to him that way."

I knew her idea was crazy, but I also knew it actually might work..