Chapter 8 - Liz

Three days later, on February 23, I figured it was time to tell Luke. Charlotte was sitting on what was my bed now and encouraging me to. I didn't want to keep it from him much longer. I was going to call him. I just couldn't look at him face-to-face while telling him. I had gotten his home number from Charlotte. She didn't know his cell phone number. So, I just called his home phone number.

"Hello, Hemmings residence. This is Liz," a lady said. I figured it was his Mum.

"Hi, um, this is Hannah Smith, and I was wondering if I could talk to Luke, please?"

"Oh, um, I'm sorry.. He left for tour two days ago."

"Oh.. Okay, then, uh," I couldn't think of what to say.

"Would you like me to give him a message?"

"Um, well, could I have his cell phone number, please?"

"Sure," she said, then gave me his cell phone number.

"Thank you," I smiled, even though I knew she couldn't see me.

"You're welcome," she said before I hung up. There was still a problem; I didn't want to bother him on tour.

"So.. What did he say?" Charlotte wondered.

"That was his Mum. He's on tour.." I told her.

"Call his cell phone! You got it, right?"

"Yeah, but.. I don't want to bother him, you know?"

"Hannah, this is his child we are talking about," She pestered, and I hesitated. I didn't say anything.

"You need to tell him, Hannah," She told me. I still said nothing.

"Hannah.." Charlotte said once again.

"I can't.."

"You have to, Hannah.." She told me, "It's his child, too.."

"I know.."

"So call him!" She exclaimed.

"I said I can't.. I can't tell him, I just can't," I shook my head, beginning to get frustrated.

"Then give me the phone number, and I can tell him."

"No. I will tell him, but I just can't right now..."

"You need to, Hannah," Charlotte nudged me.

I sighed, "Okay."

Slowly, I dialed the phone number into my phone. I had a headache and my stomach hurt so much. I punched the last number in, then hit call. It dialed the numbers and started to call Luke. A few tears brimmed my eyes. After the third ring, he answered.

"Hello?" He asked.