Chapter 6 - Mum

February 20, 2013

In the evening of February 20, I was laying in my bed. It was only a few days until school started again, and I was nervous. I was on my phone anyways. I got on messages and decided to text Charlotte. (C=Charlotte, H=Hannah)

H: Hey Char.. I have a question

C: what is it?

H: when should I tell my parents or Luke about being pregnant?

C: soon, Hannah. You need to tell them soon. Better sooner than later:)

H: I'm scared, though. What will my parents say? What will Luke say? He hardly even knows me..

C: it'll be alright. Just slowly introduce the topic to your parents, or tell them unexpectedly. When you tell Luke, create a nice conversation with him, and then bring up something about the baby and tell him. I know him, Hannah. He'll be scared at first too, but he'll help you:)

H: are you sure?

C: yes. I'm sure. He's a great guy

H: okay. I'm still nervous

C: you aren't going to tell him right now, are you?

H: no.. I'll call him tomorrow or something. I might tell my parents tonight, though

C: okay. Good luck Hannah<3

H: thanks Char.. You helped a lot:)

C: glad I could help, Hannah

H: you did. Bye

C: bye;)

It was about 5pm, and I heard a car come into the driveway. It was my mum. It was a Wednesday night, so she hadn't gotten groceries. I stayed in my room, and I heard her come into the house.

"Hey Hannah!" She yelled as she was running up the stairs towards my room. She walked into my room, and said hello again.

"Hey Mum," I smiled, "How was work?"

Every time I talked to her, I felt like I was lying to her because I hadn't told her about me being pregnant. Nobody knew except for Charlotte and her mum. I told her to swear not to tell anyone. She hadn't told anyone.

"It was good. How about school?" She replied.

"It was-" I started, but I suddenly felt the urge to puke. I ran into my bathroom, to the toilet and threw up. Mum followed, and I thought she was going to figure out sooner or later what was going on. This was the fifth time I had thrown up since I found out on Saturday.

"Hannah, are you sure you're okay?" She asked me.

I shook my head no. I figured it was time to tell her. I opened my mouth, but started to puke again. I felt a little better after that, and I knew I was done. I then opened my mouth once more, but no words came out. I couldn't do it. I just held my stomach for a little bit of a hint. My stomach wasn't growing at all yet, though.

"Your stomach hurts?" She asked.

I opened my mouth, and this time, words came out, "I-" but then I sighed, "I'm pregnant..."