Chapter 21 - Ella's Home!

Liz and Andrew arrived a few minutes later. They each held her and loved her like my mum did. Mum had to go because dad would get suspicious if she was gone too long. I held Ella a lot that afternoon. The doctors told us she was born at 2:36pm, September 10, 2013. She weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. She seemed so tiny, though. Luke was so happy about her, and so was I and pretty much everyone else.

------

The next afternoon, I was able to take her home. Luke and I went to our new house, and we both showed her around. Luke lead mostly. He was so excited to be a dad now. I loved it. I loved seeing him with Ella. She would start crying at the most random times, sometimes when Luke was holding her, and he would freak out because he thought he hurt her.

"Luke, she's just hungry.." I assured him.

"Oh, okay" he sighed, handing her to me. I told him that almost every time, but he still didn't get that she eats a lot.

Once I would feed her, I would hand her back to Luke. We were sitting on the couch watching a movie, and Luke laid her down on her play mat where there were things hanging above her. She would just stare at them. That was enough to entertain her. Luke loved to watch her, so he was hardly even watching the movie. I wasn't either because I love the way Luke looked at Ella. He loved her to death.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. I walked over to it and opened it. It was Charlotte.

"Hey Charlotte!!" I said, hugging her.

"Hey Hannah" she said back. Once we stopped hugging, she asked, "so where's little Ella?"

"Over here" I pointed towards Luke, walking over towards him. She saw Ella and a huge smile popped up on her face.

"Can I hold her?" She asked.

"of course," I said, picking her up and handing her to Charlotte.

"She's so beautiful!" She complimented, "she's got Luke's eyes and your nose. She has his lips too"

"Yeah, she looks a lot like Luke" I agreed.

"She looks a lot like you, too" Charlotte reminded me.

"Yes, she does.."

Ella started to cry. Charlotte, like Luke was, was scared if she had hurt her. Luke stood up and said, "no.. She probably just needs her diaper changed"

"Okay.." Charlotte said, handing Ella to Luke. He took her upstairs into the nursery.

"So do you like being a mum?" Charlotte wondered.

"Yeah.. I love it"

"I bet. And Luke is a really good dad.. You're lucky to have him"

"I am"

"He is great with her"

"Well every time she would cry when he was holding her, he thought he hurt her, until now" we both laughed, and Luke came back down with Ella.

"What were you guys laughing about?" He asked.

"You" I said, and he looked at me then said, "what about?"

"How you would always think you hurt Ella when she would cry if you were holding her, until now" Charlotte answered that.

"You guys are so mean" he said, playfully like he was hurt.

"Oh, come on, you love me" I told him.

"Hey! What about me!?" Charlotte wondered.

"He doesn't love you"

"I'm his friend"

"Well I'm his girlfriend and his daughter's mum"

"Are you guys seriously fighting over who I like more.. Because Ella beats both of you" he said. I hit him on the shoulder, and he giggled.

"Well I love Ella more than you too" I said, trying to piss him off.

He just laughed and Charlotte joined him. I ended up not laughing.

"We're just kidding, Han" Luke told me.

I sat there like an idiot, embarrassed. I laughed too, though. I have no idea why, but I did. I loved Luke and Ella so much, and Charlotte was the best friend ever. I wouldn't trade them for the world.

~

Pic of Ella and Hannah in the link:)