Chapter 12 - Conversation

*Luke's POV*

"Luke!" Mum yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah, Mum?" I yelled back.

"I need to tell you something!" She exclaimed. You could tell she was getting closer until she opened my door.

"What is it?" I wondered.

"I just talked to Hannah. Why'd you tell her you can't be a father? You told her that you aren't going to be there for her and that you don't care. Those are the last things you want to tell a girl when she's pregnant!"

"Mum, I'm sorry, okay? I was being selfish then, and I hurt her so much, I know.. I bet she doesn't even want to talk to me. If she wants to keep her distance from me, I won't test that."

"No, Luke.. I just talked to her, and it doesn't seem like she wants to keep her distance.. She put a letter on the front door with your name on it for you to see.. Here," She handed me an envelope with my name on it.

I whisper-read the letter, "Luke,

I know that you may not want to be in the baby's life, but I need you. I'm going to be a mum no matter what, but you have the choice to be there as the dad or not to be in the child's life at all. I really hope you choose the right thing.

Ive been juggling school, practicing my flute, work, and appointments. Practicing flute is a big part in my schedule because that could help get me a scholarship to a college. Those four things take up all of my time, so once I have the baby, most appointments won't matter anymore, but I'll still be juggling the three other things. I could play my flute for the baby to calm it down because it has a soft sound. Then, I can do schoolwork while it's sleeping or napping. I could have Charlotte keep the baby while I'm at work. I guess it might work, but it would help to have you.

Another thing is, the baby's gender. It's a girl; Miss Hemmings. I like to think that she's a Hemmings. I attached a copy of the ultrasound I had today. I'm now nineteen and a half weeks.

I'm sorry I am writing this letter instead of calling and talking to you, but I just can't bring myself to do that. I don't mean to make you feel bad, but what you said hurt me so bad. I can't look at you in public without thinking about what you said. Even though I think that, I need you in my life and the baby's life. I hope you understand. If you want to talk, go ahead and call me.

Love,

Hannah <3"

I pulled the copy of the ultrasound out and looked at it. She was beautiful. Tears welled in my eyes. I felt so bad for what I did. I looked at Mum. She looked down at me sitting on my bed, staring at the ultrasound.

"This is my child.." I said, still crying.

Mum nodded, and I told her, "I need to call her.. I need to talk to her."

"Okay. I'll leave you here to do that.." She told me, then left the room.

I picked up my phone and dialed the number. I couldn't wait to talk to her.

*Hannah's POV*

I was waiting and waiting for Luke to call me. I knew that he might not, but I was hoping he would. Charlotte and I were just sitting in our room. Suddenly, the phone rang. Luke's name and picture came up. I hit accept immediately.

"Hello, Luke?" I said excitedly.

"Yeah, Hannah.. It's Luke," He told me.

"I've been wanting to talk to you for so long, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it before now."

"I know, Hannah. I've been wanting to tell you that I'm sorry, but I thought you wanted your distance from me because you were still really hurt by what I said. I just want to say that I am really sorry, and I really want to be in our baby's life."

"Luke.. I forgive you, and I miss you.."

"I miss you too. I miss talking to you. I see you everywhere, and I see your cute little baby bump and just think that that's my child. I like to think that we're going to have a Miss Hemmings."

"I do too," I smiled.

"Hannah, I was wondering.. Maybe you could introduce me to your parents? I could introduce you to mine, even though you've already met my mum," he laughed.

"Well.. That's another thing. My parents got really mad at me when they found out I was pregnant, so they kicked me out."

"Hannah, I am so, so sorry..."

"Luke, it's okay.. I've been living with Charlotte. Her family took me in, and I've been living with them since I got kicked out."

"Well, that's good, but I was wondering.. Maybe you wanted to come and stay with us instead? I bet my mum would allow it."

"Really?" I couldn't believe the offer.

"Yeah, I'm 100% sure she'll allow it."

"Okay! It'll take me a few days to get my stuff, but is it okay if I come over now for a little?"

"Of course!"

"Okay, I'll be there in a few minutes. Bye Luke.." I hesitated ending the phone call, but I knew I had to if I wanted to go to his house.

"Bye Han," he said, giving me a new nickname as we hung up.

I could not believe the conversation we had just had...