Chapter 20 - Ella Chloe

September 10, 2013

Today, Luke and I were just hanging out. I wasn't going to school right now because it was really hard for me to walk a lot, never mind carry books and papers and notebooks everywhere. It was like maternity leave, but for school. I was due with the baby in two weeks. For that two weeks, I'll just be laying in bed with Luke, probably watching a movie.

Luke and I were watching a lot of movies, and in the middle of one, I had a really bad contraction. I held my stomach, and Luke looked at me with fear in his eyes.

"Babe.. What's wrong!?" He panicked.

"I- I'm having a really painful contraction"

"Uh, let's get you to the hospital"

"Okay," I said through the pain.

I tried to get up, but I just couldn't. Luke whispered, "don't worry babe," and picked me up bridal-style. He ran me down the stairs, then opened the car door ad helped me get in. He ran to the other side, got in, and began to drive us to the hospital. It was more like he sped to the hospital because he was going so fast. But him driving fast got us there minutes quicker.

We were there within three minutes when it would normally take around seven to get there. He unbuckled himself, and while I was unbuckling, he ran around the car to my side. He opened the door, and picked me up. He ran into the hospital, and the nurses asked what was wrong.

"my- my girlfriend is going into labor!!" Luke answered them.

"How far along is she?" They wondered.

"Thirty-eight weeks" he told them once again.

They got a bed and Luke laid me down on it. The doctors started running towards the maternity wing of the hospital, Luke running right behind me. He caught up to us and whispered to me, "it'll be alright, babe.. We'll get there"

I just nodded, not able to say hardly anything because it hurt so much. We kept running, and we soon got into a room. Almost right after we got into the room, the doctor had me push. He said that my water had already broken. It must've broken in all of the excitement because I didn't feel anything.

The doctor kept yelling for me to push, so I did. I did numerous times, and finally heard cries. Luke was holding my hand, whispering this to me like, "come on baby, just a few more.."

I started crying when I heard her cries, and Luke did also. It was amazing. After two more pushes, she was out, and they laid her on the blanket on my stomach.

"Hannah.. She's beautiful.." Luke said to me.

I nodded, still crying. The doctors then took her away to clean her off, weigh her, measure her, and all of the other stuff they do. While they were doing that, Luke called his parents, and I called mine. I'm guessing they realized it was my number, so they didn't pick up. I looked at one of the nurses.

"um, could I call my parents on that phone?" I said, gesturing to the one on the wall.

"Um, sure" she said, handing me the cord phone. I dialed in the number on the phone, and Mum picked up after the second ring.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Hey Mum.." I said.

"Hannah?"

"Yeah"

"What are you doing calling from the hospital? Oh, wait.. Are you-"

"Yeah, I'm here.. I already had her. It was just so fast, I couldn't call you"

"That's fine, and your dad wouldn't let me answer when it was your phone.. I'll tell him I'm going to the store, and I'll come see you, okay?"

"Okay, mum.. I miss you"

"I miss you too, sweetie. Be there soon.. Bye"

"Bye" I hung up, and Luke looked at me.

"What was that?" He asked.

"That was my mum"

"Really?"

"yeah, she said dad wouldn't let her come if she told him where she was going, but she's telling him she's going to the store"

"Okay"

"What about your parents?" I asked.

"They'll be here any minute"

"Good"

After a few minutes, mum was here. She came in, and they brought Ella back to us, then asked what we were naming her and the parents names. I then handed her to mum, who fell in love with her instantly.

"What did you name her?" She smiled.

"Ella Chloe Hemmings" Luke answered her.

"That's beautiful.." She smiled once again at Ella. I could tell she loved her already, just as much as Luke and I do. I loved Ella, and everyone else seemed to too.