Chapter 5 - Pregnant

"It's Luke's, right?" Charlotte asked me.

I nodded once more. She began to stroke my hair. Then she let go of me, but put her hands on my hands. She said, "We should take you to the doctors to see how far along you are and so we can get you an ultrasound."

"I already know how far along I am. It only happened once," I told her.

"Well, let's still go for the ultrasound!"

"Okay. Let's go," I sighed.

------

"So, Miss Hannah, you wanted an ultrasound?" The nurse asked.

"Yes," I told her. I felt terrible for everything that was happening.

"Okay, we will have you pull up your shirt and lay down on the table, then," She told me, so I pulled up my shirt, revealing my flat stomach that wouldn't be flat for much longer. I then laid down on the table that was elevated a little bit. She got the equipment out and put the cold gel on my stomach. I wasn't used to the feeling, but I was going to get used to it.

"Hannah, you definitely are pregnant," She told me with a smile.

She said that I was considered to be 8 weeks along. Charlotte and I left the clinic after a few more minutes of paperwork and scheduling my next appointment.

------

Later that afternoon, at about 4:30pm, I went home and decided not to tell my parents and Jaxon right away. I was going to wait a little bit.

"Hey sweetie! How was the night over at Charlotte's? How late did you stay up?" Mum asked when I came home.

"It was fun. We stayed up until about one, I think," I shrugged. Of course I was lying about how late we stayed up.

"I'm glad you had fun. Now you need to go upstairs and do your homework!"

"Got it done there, Mum," I told her. I was actually telling the truth, "I didn't have much,"

"Okay. Well, don't get too absorbed in doing something. Supper is going to be ready in less than an hour."

"Okay," I said and went up into my bedroom. I just thought the whole time. What will Luke think? How will he react to having a child, especially with someone he hardly knows!? I didn't want to think about that, but I couldn't help it. I was so scared.