meeting

A/N

Remember this is one shots so in this one, she hasn't met her brothers yet however rose is still 5 years old. She knows about her brothers but they don't know about her until this very chapter.

Finn is 15

Tommy pov

Me and my brothers were always close. Some families didn't speak to eachother except on special occasions once grown up. But we stayed together. I always presumed it was because we were our only family. We didn't have parents to keep us together. If one of us drifted, nothing would pull us back together. No mother in need of her son. No father who misses his child. Nobody. Our father left and mother died. So we had to stick together. For our own sake.

I won't be the kind of person who denies needing someone. Because we needed him. More than he new. Our father was a selfish man. Left us because he was grieving but must have forgot that he wasn't the only one. We didn't have time to grieve. Finn needed taking care of, ada and John were both still kids and me and Arthur needed to look out for them. Even though, we were kids ourselves. Yes we had polly, and she was brilliant, but she wasn't our parent. As much as we all wished she was, it wasn't possible. He abandoned us. So I will say this. As much as we needed him then, we sure as fuck don't need him now.

When I walked into the garrison to meet my brothers, the last thing I expected to see was my father, sitting in a chair, looking old and weak. He had attempted to walk back into our lives before bit I denied him. So why did he think I would change? He was still dead to me like always. My brothers were sat around him, no one talking, just staring at him. Except for finn. He was looking at the floor, and refused to look at our father. I can hardly blame him. Finn was a baby when he left, and saw him for about 5 minutes when he was 11. And even at that point, he only talked about himself. Didn't acknowledge the youngest son he left behind.

I walked over to my brothers and just stood watching my father. He looked pale, like he would drop dead at any moment. A man can only hope. Alcohol was needed in situations like this, so I grabbed a bottle of whiskey and poured myself a drink. Everyone else had one already.

"What the fuck do you want?" I asked. He didn't reply straight away. When he opened his mouth to speak, he coughed and almost choked on his words. I wouldn't be angry at God if that were the case. Once he sorted himself out, he finally answered.

"As you can see I'm not a well man tommy-"

"So you decided to come here and expect us to care for you is that it" John asked.

"That's not it at all. What I did was wrong. But i need a favour" at this we all scoffed. Except finn. Who remained staring at the floor silent. Our father, if you could call him that, continued anyway.

"It isn't for me. Listen, this may come as a shock, but after i was a coward and left, I found another woman. She wasn't kind and I didn't love her like I did your mother. But at the time, I didn't care. I just wanted to be able to say i had a wife. Anyway, 5 years ago, she had a baby. A beautiful little girl. I only know she is mine because of her eyes. Otherwise she could be any buggers. My wife ran away with another man. She tried to take rose but I wouldn't let her. Rose is our daughter by the way. I kept rose and raised her alone on a farm in yorkshire. But I am dying. There is no denying it. I plan on going to an old home. To die in peace. But I can't leave rose alone. I don't want her to be on the streets once I'm gone. So please take her in. What i did was wrong, I know that now. And I don't expect your forgiveness. But I can't see rose hurt. Don't blame her for my stupid mistakes."

We all remained silent. No one had anything to say. We really needed to talk about this together, without our bastard father. So we left him and went into the back room without saying a word to our father. Once we shut the door, our conversation began

Peaky blinders angel- Completed On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara