Detective Ananya Seksariya, reporting for Duty!

Author's POV~

Soon both of them called it a day and went to sleep in separate rooms. Arjun peacefully went to sleep, but Annu was wide awake. She couldn't stop thinking about the mystery that encircled her like a coiled snake around her slender neck, stifling her, making it hard to breathe. She was stressed out the next day, continuously thinking about the blackmail.

She abruptly rose from her bed, patted her Mr. Cuddles, and went to her desk.

When she couldn't come up with any practical tactic, she chose for its literal root.

Action speaks louder than words but when you can't fathom the actions, just read up on the words.

Origin of term blackmail, she searched-

Blackmail- "Blackmail was originally a term from the Scottish Borders meaning payments rendered in exchange for protection from thieves and marauders."

Blackmail is basically a deal for protection.

In my case, that deal is not an exchange of money but the exchange of nuptial vows.

If I substitute marriage in place of the deal, then

Blackmail is basically a d̶e̶a̶l̶ marriage for protection.

Seriously is a damsel in distress and The great Arjun shah, her knight-in-shining-armor, well exactly not in shining armor but in a wedding suit.

If really is he her knight-in-wedding suit, then who is the villain?

. . .

The next morning,

"What do you think you are doing?" Arjun scolded Ananya as she got up to get ready.

"Getting ready. What do you think? Dancing?"

"Well, I would love it if you would dance for me. However, You Don't seem to remember nor care about your health! You are still sick! Your nose is bright red..."

With that, Annu rushed to the nearest basin with flash speed. Voices of sneezing surrounded the house, which was followed by a scrunched expression on Arjun's face.

"Eww! You used the regular napkin! take your own napkin and then rub your germy nose in it! Eww Ananya, where were you born? a cave? and-" 

The glare of Annu cut him in between.

"Ok fine! But you aren't going to the office today!"

"What are you, my mother? And you can't curb my right to freedom of expression according to Article 21 of the Indian Constitution."

"No I can't, but I care for you. And wishing that you would too!"

"Nah! Whatcha gonna do?" Annu said while sitting in the armchair with a sinister expression spread evenly on her face. 

"Look Annu... Listen to me."

Arjun came closer to her and put his finger on her apparent dry lips. While she glared at him and rolled her eyes.

"Please stay home today... for your own sake. You need rest, and you can put your spare leave days to use ..."

With that, he came even more closer, knowing his effect on her. Arjun even knew his strength and he also knew some politics...

"Why do you care so much? I can take care-"

"Because  you are my wife." 

Her insides felt even more vibrative and boiling as if her fever virus just grew and grew, and Arjun's wicked words had joined hands to make her feel so hot and bothered. What kind of virus is it decelerating the lungs' contraction, taking away her breath, and accelerating her heart contraction.