Change of Plans

Author's POV~

"Nirmal asked me! I am going with him to the party!

A beautiful high-pitched dialogue broke his heart.

The voice that made him happy, made him feel homely, now left him heartbroken.

"Ohh!" Arjun said while trying to smile.

"Great then! You both will look great together." Arjun said.

Nirmal had been dancing in his funny way.

"I WISH I could share your HAPPINESS. But I have to go home and complete a task with my sister." Arjun said and got out of the room as fast as he could and banged the door behind him.

Nirmal also stopped dancing and said," What happened to him?"

Ananya stared at the door which was banged just a few seconds ago concernedly.

"He is in some problem I guess..."

*time skip*

Arjun's POV~

BANG BANG BANG BANGING!

I am about to crush the doorbell because this idiot can't hear it...Anyway, if the doorbell breaks, my heart won't be the only thing broken today. You know misery loves company......Heck Arjun! You are so miserable that you are finding solace in a doorbell!

This girl! Here my heart is blasted into pieces and Madam Mira is blasting the speakers with the high volume of the music.

Soon the door opened to reveal a beautiful lady wearing an equally beautiful saree. Her stance screamed elegance and grace. Her smile oh-so-subtly enunciated her warmth and tenderness.

Mrs Naina Neeravan Shah.

As for now, our Mrs. Shah is a bit angry with her angrier son as he rang the doorbell so ferociously that even the neighbors opened the doors to peep into their crisis. 

"Hey! What's with the angry doorbell!" My mom yelled at me.

"First tell her to stop listening to Kpop at this volume or every single one of us will become deaf. In fact, Meera will be the cause for transforming deafness into a heritable disease  and every upcoming Shah offspring will be deaf thanks to your beloved daughter!" I yelled too.

"MIRA!!!! TURN OFF THOSE LOUDSPEAKERS!" I yelled at the top of my voice to overshadow those earsplitting speakers. 

Mira pouted and reluctantly turned the music off.

"Bhai I am just turning it off as I don't want my nephews and nieces to be deaf. Don't think I accepted defeat so soon."

Arjun was so angry at Meera because-

1) She told him to be slow with Annu in his relationship. Thus, he lost his chance to ask for the party.

2) She advised him to be slow with Annu in his relationship. Thus, he missed his chance to ask for the party.

3) She urged him to be slow with Annu in his relationship. Thus, he dropped his chance to ask for the party.

Arjun had  SO MANY REASONS to rebuke Meera that he just glared at her.

Naina soon got the gravity of the situation and intervened.

"Beta! Silent! Why are you shouting like this!? anything happened in the office?" Arjun's mother asked with the tensest face she ever had.

"I k-know why he is like that," Meera said with her head kept down.