The Proposal

Arjun's POV~

Soon the party marked its conclusion, much to Nirmal's disappointment and my relief.

"I enjoyed this day a lot!!!" Nirmal screamed with excitement.

Of course, you did. Annu is your best friend and maybe both of you will marry each other and have nice kids while I will be rolling my eyes at some gold-digger. Ahh, Annu. 

How can someone's body and tongue be so hot and her heart so warm? God! Anu is one in googolplex( a very very giant number).

Ohh God why? Why did Nirmal enjoy his soirée I was stuck with a woman whose life motto was ' CATCH SNATCH AND LATCH' aka Ms. Saumya. If she finds a catch, she does snatch it and eventually latches on it.

Let's neutralize the bitterness in my heart with the bitterness of alcohol.

Inner Mind: So now you are officially a Devdas.

This Devdas will get his Paro..I mean Anu.

He left for some drinks at a bar with his so-called 'friends' while Meera said her farewell and left with her dad and mom.

 Shah's family's car ride was filled with -"Nirmal was sparkling! Annu was glowing! And Arjun was blushing!", 

" I even did a Shinchan dance with Nirmal!"  Meera gushed about her new friends to her parents filling them with every single detail.

While Meera was busy rambling about her soirée experience, Naina shah looked concernedly towards her spouse who in turn was looking towards Meera and earnestly listening to her every useless yet precious word. He wanted to cherish these moments before they became mere memories of her.

At last, they reached their destination, their home but still, Meera's recountings never ceased.

"Ahhh!I had the time of my life this evening!" Meera squealed while laying on the sofa. She switched her eyes off and her mouth on showcasing her toothy smile. Indeed she had a gala time at this party. She even made two new especially genuine friends.

"Meera, we need to talk about something."Neeravan Shah said while sitting beside Meera.

"Hmm tell..." Meera said, still with her eyes turned off and imagination turned on. She started reconstructing the happenings of the evening she had witnessed.

"We saw you were dancing with Arnav! You both were looking so good together!" Naina Shah said while entering the scene.

"Certainly! I was his dance partner. Just my presence can light up the sky, he is sure to get illuminated by my shine! HAHAHAHA"

"Aww! But Arnav danced well don't you think?" Naina Shah replied.

"Well, I was so busy bearing his coquettish rants that I didn't notice his dance. Anyway, there wasn't anything special about him."  Meera snapped.

"Umm Meera..." Neeravan Shah hesitated.

"What happened? Oh acha! If you have a problem with my behavior with him? Then You will have a problem! Hehe! Just kidding! I will try talking nicely with him now. Ok? He and I have always been like this." She again commented.

"Meera... The CEO, told us something today... And he has asked for your consent. Umm, You see? We have seen you both grow up together in from of our eyes! You both certainly complement each other so well! And looking at both of you dancing today, he h-had an I-Idea. You see?" Neeravan Shah elaborated.

Meera's expression changed from a casual one to a solemn one. She intently stared at her dad and signaled him to go on.  She didn't like the direction in which this was going in.