Chapter 57

Present Day:

Jimin POV:

"He's mine, isn't he? He's really mine. He really is my son." I knew I was probably starting to sound crazy at this point, but I couldn't help it. Even though I felt it in my soul that Jaehyun was my son, part of me was afraid to believe it even though I had the results in my hands. Even though the proof was right there in front of me.

Y/N squeezed my hand, her smile soft as she reassured me yet again. "Yes Jiminie. Jae is yours. He's your... your son."

"I want him to know me. I want to know him. I want to know everything about him." As I spoke, I couldn't help but feel envious of Mark's relationship to Jaehyun, how close he was to the little boy, to my son. It made me feel as though I was a bad father even though I didn't even know about him until recently and only confirmed he was my son today.

"Of course. You can have whatever type of relationship you want." Y/N's voice was reassuring and gentle as she spoke and I knew she was sincere. She went to say something else, but a small voice interrupted her.

"Mama? I was sleeping then I waked up." We all turned to see Jaehyun coming into the room, a stuffed dog in his arms. He looked at me and his eyes lit up. "Minnie? You is here? Why is you here in the night?" The little boy hurried over to me and climbed into my lap, twining his little arms around my neck, hugging me tight. "I miss you lots when you was not here."

"Well I missed you lots too buddy." Jae grinned as he lifted his head to look at me. His slight weight on my lap and his arms around my neck made my heart melt. Looking over at Y/N, she gave me a soft smile and nodded. "Jae? I want...want to tell you something."

Jaehyun nodded, his eyes curious. "What is you need to tell me?"

"Um... I'm... I'm your dad buddy." I felt the words catch in my throat, threatening to strangle me, threatening to choke me until I was unable to breathe, unable to speak.

His eyes growing wide, Jaehyun grinned at me. "You is my daddy? I has a daddy?" Jaehyun turned to Y/N. "I knew it! I ask Papa Mark if Minnie my daddy!" Jaehyun's voice was full of excitement and it made my heart fill with so much love to know that my son accepted me, that my son was happy to know I was his dad.

"Yes. I am." Jaehyun hugged me again at my words and this time, I returned the hug, finally able to hold my son in my arms, for him to know who he is to me, who I am to him.

Jaehyun climbed down from my lap and into Y/N's. "Mama! I has a daddy! Minnie is my daddy!" Jaehyun faced me again. "Can... can I call you daddy?"

I nodded hurriedly, suddenly unable to speak. "Of... of course. You can... can call me whatever you want to, whatever makes you happy."

Nodding his head, Jaehyun grinned. "I wants to call you daddy. Hi daddy!"

The sound of daddy coming from my son made me happier than I ever expected it to and I felt the tears start to trickle down my cheeks. "Hi buddy."

Jaehyun reached out a hand and touched my cheek, a tiny pout on his face. "Why is you crying daddy? Is you sad?"

My son's sensitive nature touched my heart and melted me from the inside. "Daddy is just really happy. I promise."

Jaehyun studied me for a moment then nodded then turned towards Taehyung. "If he is daddy can you be Papa Tae? Like Papa Mark? I hear Mama calls you Tae so I want to calls you that too."

Taehyung grinned. "Sounds good to me." Jaehyun climbed down from Y/N's lap and made his way over to the other side of the room. He looked at Taehyung for a moment then climbed onto the sofa next to him.