Chapter 7

Jin POV:

I watch the beautiful woman in front of me stare at me for a moment before reaching out and taking my hand. She shook it firmly then pulled it back. She had a look of shock on her face before carefully schooling her features into a polite smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Kim," Y/N said respectfully.

Her voice was light and musical sounding and it made me smile. "Please just Jin," I replied. I turned to Hoseok and Hana. "I'm just a tad confused on what I just walked into."

Hoseok turned to me with a smile. "Hana was giving Y/N a friendly warning about our dynamic duo, but Y/N wasn't having it. She's taken to Jiminie and Tae and was a little defensive of them," he replied, gesturing towards the woman who currently was studying the tiled floor at her feet.

I was pleasantly surprised. As part of our close-knit group, Jimin and Taehyung were some of my best friends. I knew not everyone understood them or their relationship. Jimin could be a little over the top and outlandish, but he was one of the most sensitive people I had ever met. Taehyung could be intimidating when he wanted to be, but was as kind as the day is long. It made me feel good to know that this beautiful woman was on their side too. It made her one of few.

Hoseok patted Y/N on her shoulder and returned his attention to me. "I actually wanted to propose something to you. Y/N's been working for me the last two days. Since I haven't met my intern yet, would you be up for a trade?" he asked.

I studied the woman in front of me. There was something about her that drew me in. I wanted to get to know her and I couldn't do that with her working under Hoseok. "No," I said simply.

"What do you mean no?" Hoseok asked, a look of confusion on his face.

"No. She's mine. Y/N's mine," I said shortly, effectively ending the conversation.

Hoseok looked at Hana and they both glanced at me in shock. I never used that voice with Hoseok, but I couldn't try and explain myself now. "Your intern will be here tomorrow." I turned to Y/N with a smile. "When you come back tomorrow, you will be reporting directly to me."

Y/N nodded her head. "Understood Mr. Kim," she said, her voice sweet but polite.

"If Hoseok has nothing for you, you are free to go. I know we've kept you past your contracted time. That shouldn't happen too often," I said.

Y/N gave me a sweet smile. "It's no problem Mr. Kim. I was looking forward to meeting you," she replied. She turned to Hoseok. "Goodnight Hoseok. Ms. Hana, it was a pleasure to meet you." she gave me another smile and turned to leave the office.

"Y/N?" I said and she turned before exiting. "Just Jin."

"Yes Jin," she said softly, my name sounding like melted chocolate coming from her lips.

As the waiting room door closed quietly behind her, Hoseok grabbed my arm and dragged me into my office. "Want to explain what that was all about?" he asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. I couldn't explain. I was confused about it myself. What about this girl had me so captivated? "I... I don't even know myself," I said, sinking into my desk chair.

Hoseok POV:

I sat silently and watched my friend wrestle with his feelings. There was something about this girl that attracted him, there was no denying that. I had never seen him react that way to me. Ever. And the way he sounded so possessive over her? That was something definitely new.

"I don't know Hobi," Jin said, pressing his fingers to his temples, tilting his head down. "There's just something about her."

I let out an amused laugh. "Get in line. You'll have to go through Jiminie and Tae to get to her. They've already staked a claim on her," I said.