Chapter 33

December 2015

Jin POV:

After Y/N had lunch with Jimin, I could sense a change in her demeanor over the next few weeks. Gone was the sad, depressed girl that I had come to expect and in her place was someone who smiled more often, but it still wasn't the same. I could see the relationship with Jimin was still off and she hadn't made up with Taehyung yet. As much as I wanted to help her, I just didn't know what to do, what to say to help make it better. It was obvious she was still hurting, but was too afraid to let them both in all the way.

There was a change in Jimin too. After the incident with Y/N and Taehyung, he had become withdrawn, depressed, and had clearly lost weight he didn't need to lose. After the lunch with Y/N, the smile was back. It wasn't as bright as it used to be, but it was better than the shadow of a man that had been wandering the corridors of the company like a ghost. Even his work had begun to suffer, the quality not near what we had expected of him. I had brought it to Hoseok's attention once and we were both surprised at the lack of quality in his work. We both knew right away it had everything to do with Y/N and how much he missed her, missed their closeness.

I was sitting in the office going over some new designs that had been submitted by the team when there was a knock on the door. I looked up to see Taehyung standing there, a hesitant smile on his face and shifting back and forth from foot to foot as though he was afraid I was going to bite him. "You can come in Tae."

Taehyung stepped into the office, but I could still see the nervousness in his frame. We hadn't talked much since the whole situation began with Y/N. Yes these guys were my friends and they were more important to me than I would ever let on, but at the same time, the woman I was in love with had been hurt and that was something that was hard to forgive and even harder to let go. There was a part of me that wondered if I would ever be able to forgive Taehyung, but seeing him standing in my office sent a wave of pity for him rushing over me.

As Taehyung sat in the chair, I stayed quiet waiting for him to speak. I knew he had come for a reason and I wasn't going to rush him if he wasn't ready to talk to me. I didn't want to push him because knowing him he would lash out at me or shut down. While he gathered his thoughts, I continued to go over the designs, my ears open for any sense of movement, any sign that he was ready. After a couple of minutes, he shifted in the chair and I knew it was time. I set the tablet aside and gave him my full attention.

"I suppose you know why I'm here." Taehyung's voice was hesitant, as though he didn't want to speak to me about this, but ultimately knowing he had no choice. I merely hummed in response, not wanting to give an indication that I knew how badly he was hurting. "It's about Y/N. I'm sure you know by now that she talked to Jimin a couple of weeks ago. They had lunch at a café not far from her new company."

"Yeah I know. She told me." My response was simple, not wanting to give any more information than absolutely necessary.

Taehyung sighed, looking down at the fingers he was twisting in his lap, picking at his fingernails, a habit he did when he was nervous or upset. He said nothing for a moment and when he looked up, I was surprised to see the tears spilling down his cheeks. "Why won't she talk to me too? Why does she still hate me so much? I swear, Jin, I didn't mean to hurt her like that. She was my friend and I would never want to cause her pain like that."

I ran a hand over my face. "But the fact is that you did hurt her. You did cause her pain. Like I told Jimin, you took the best parts of her personality and made her seem dirty and underhanded. Made it seem like she was flirting with all the guys when, in reality, she's just that friendly." Standing up from my desk, I moved over by Taehyung, sitting in the chair next to him. "She tried to keep you two at a distance, but you kept pushing her. If you were so worried about her coming in between your relationship with Jimin then why did you try so hard to get her in your life?"