Chapter 39

Kai's POV

Hearing Malia's screams after the gunshot, I look at Hlestakov fall on the ground slowly. Ben and Vanni emerge from the house and that's when I know it's was one of them that shot Hlestakov. Micah walks to Malia and I see her hugging him so firmly.

"Why did you have to come here Micah?" Malia asks him while running her fingers through his hair.

"Like I said, I wanted to help you mom." He replies. I instruct the men to clean up everything and make sure no one follows us.

Malia and Micah get into one car that Vanni is driving as I take the other one.

"Dominic, you drop the doctor off at his place and make sure he is safe." I tell him .

I shouldn't have told Malia what i said, I was just angry at the fact that she was shot and almost lost our baby and wasn't caring about herself because she kept asking for Micah. I know he is my son and I knew he was safe . I couldn't let anything happen to him.

We get home and find the house quiet meaning the kids and everyone are asleep. Malia takes Micah to his room then walks to where I'm standing in the kitchen.

"Baby...." I trail off as she limps to the fridge and grabs some water.

"Omg you're okay." Marie enters the kitchen with Kane following behind. She hugs Malia .

"Is my baby okay?" Malia asks .

"He is, he went to sleep long time ago." Marie tells her.
Malia walks past me so I hold her hand but she snatches it away. Kane looks at me then back at Malia.

"I'm so sorry for what you went through bunny." Kane says.

"I'm here now , that's all that matters."Malia replies then walks upstairs with Marie.

"What was that about?" Kane asks me as I sigh loudly.

"I said some shit I shouldn't have said." I tell him and he nods his head.

"You always say some shit, when Malia leaves you, you'll learn how to control what you say when you're angry because lil bro, women are very sensitive and whatever bad shit you tell them, they find it hurtful and they get fed up if you keep doing it then divorce comes in, I know you can't live without that woman." He says.

"I can't man, I can't live without her." I reply and take my suit jacket off.

"Then you go up there and make it right, she was just kidnapped again and almost lost her child, again, that's too much for her man."

"I understand, but you saw how she was looking at me, she hates me, she won't let me touch her."

"Then you go talk to her, tell her you didn't mean it or else my brother, you'll be divorced and I won't blame her, she has been through a lot because of the family business. You can as well take her for a vacation, just the two of you." He says and I nod my head.

"Thanks man, let me go talk to her." I tell him.
"Mom and dad are in the guest room?" I ask him.

"Nah, they went back to the house after putting the kids to sleep."

"Okay, I'll see you in the morning."

"No problem, make it right with her man." He says and I nod my head.

I get upstairs to our bedroom and find Malia and Marie on the bed talking and it looks like she has taken a bath and changed her clothes.
"I'll see you tomorrow, Goodnight." Marie says then gets up. She looks at me with disgust so I'm guessing Malia told her. She walks out and I sigh loudly.

"Baby, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean what I said." I tell her and she rolls her eyes then faces the other side and covers herself.

I walk to the bed and sit next to her. We remain silent for sometime and I think she has fallen asleep but she speaks up.

"I used to think you love Micah like your own." She says and I feel the guilt eating me up, I shouldn't have said it.

"I do, i love him like my own son, he is my first son and nothing will ever change that."

"But you took him with you, you didn't care if he got killed, you just had to take him with you to the Russians , you know they want to take one of my babies or even me too." She says then sniffles and that's when I know she is crying.

"Come here baby." I tell her and help her sit up . I pull her to me and peck her lips.

"I almost lost our baby again Kai, he wanted to cut our baby out of me." She says then begins to cry hard. Whenever she cries, I always feel like crying too because I literally feel her pain.
I rub her back as she snuggles in my chest.

"I'm going to make everything right baby, I promise."

"Maybe ...maybe we should take a break on marriage for sometime." She says and I look down at her.

"No!"

"Listen, our marriage has had very many barriers, we are toxic sometimes and that's not healthy for us or the kids." She says then looks up at me.

"I don't want to be separated from you, I want you as my wife forever , it was for better for worse,and baby please let it be like that, I'll take care of you, just please don't leave me again, I'm a mess without you." I tell her and I don't feel strong anymore as tears run down my cheeks silently.
She pulls me closer to her and dries my tears off my cheeks.

"We need time to ourselves Kai, we need to figure out our marriage."

"Then let's do it together but please, just don't leave me." I tell her. I take my shoes off and get in bed. I pull her closer to me and peck her lips.
"Please don't leave me again, I can't do without you baby you know that." I tell her and look into her eyes. She looks exhausted.
"Go to sleep, we'll talk about all this in the morning." I tell her and pull her leg on my hip then rub her swollen foot that has the bullet wound.

I'm going to protect this woman no matter what, this has to be the last time she is taken away. She has been through a lot and I can understand why she wants a break or whatever it is called in this marriage but I'm going to do her right .
I later hear her snoring lightly so I get out of bed and take a quick shower. I check her legs and lightly massage them then apply some ointment on her feet.

.

In This Forever.  (sequel to 'In this together')जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें