Chapter 6; Royal Rumble

Start from the beginning

-- 

I watch the screen as the credits go on. AJ skips over to me, happy as ever.

"I'm about to get interviewed!" She says in a singsong voice. "In like ten minutes"

"I don't care," I say in the same voice.

"Oh yes you do," she replies in song

"No I don't," I reply again in singsong voice.

"Seriously Kaitlyn," AJ says normally. "You will"

I look at her questioningly and she smirks and skips away.

I sigh and check my phone. It turns out the fanfiction writer that I was waiting for a chapter from published it. And I found that AJ was right, it is just a chapter. I didn't feel overjoyed when I realized it was published. In fact, the fact it was a romance novel made me want to talk to Wade not read it.

Don't judge me.

I walk over to the boys locker room and knock on the door. A Aeropostale shirt wearing Daniel Bryan greets me.

"Can I help you Kaitlyn?" He asks politely.

"Umm yeah," I say. "Is Wade there?"

"Huh..." Daniel says. He tells me to wait a second and goes into the locker room. I hear him ask somebody if Wade is there.

"No," Heath Slater says. "Didnt he?"

"Oh yeah!" Daniel says and re-opens the door. "Wade left to get a protein bar like a couple of minutes ago."

"Okay thanks," I say and begin leaving. Daniel puts a hand on my shoulder and stops me.

"Wait!"

"Yeah," I ask.

"Uhh..." Daniel says as if deciding the best way to tell me what he is going to say, "It might just be me but I think Wade might be a little messed up in the head so you should be careful"

I chuckle. "I'm sure he's fine!"

"Yesterday during that party Wade was all mopey by the bathroom," Daniel said. "He's seemed kind of... Upset."

"Oh."

"I'm sure it was just the drinks," Daniel says with a small smile. By his tone, I know he is trying to reassure me.

"Yeah," I agree. But I had the feeling he wasn't just affected by the alcohol. He has seemed pretty weird lately, especially around me. But I'm not taking any crap from him. He is going to talk to me whether he wants to or not.

I find Wade leaning against the wall by the vending machine in his ring attire.

"Hey Wade," I say.

"Hi," Wade says and he sounds happy to see me. He turns to me and suddenly, his face falls.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Uhh..." Wade says. "Uhh.. Yah"

"I don't believe you"

"Seriously... I'm fine," Wade says again.

"Wade..."

"I'm not kidding," Wade says again. But it doesn't matter how many times he tells me he is okay or not to worry. I am going to worry. Because I don't know if he is trying to hide it, but he's not doing a good job. Something is wrong.

"No, I'm not kidding," I snap. "Something is wrong. And for whatever reason you don't want to tell me, that's fine."

Wade gasps clearly not expecting this outburst. Well maybe he should expect it more often.