Part Three: Story of the Gods

Story of the Gods=

Story of the Gods=

Excerpt from the widely known Textbook 'History is smitten'

Volume two in the 'History' series

In the beginning, they fought. Humans waged war and gunfire amongst themselves. And those same mortals did not only endanger the masses but also nature. They killed not only their fellow inhabitants, but also this land of which we stand.

Once they corrupted everything beyond reprieve, two gods- both equally fair- came down to even out the fields. Erebus and his consort, Nyx. They wrecked Hell upon the mortals and brought demons to plague the land the mortals already withering to death, all to justify the human's claim of hate.l Their guns dropped to the ground in the midst of battle at the sight of such ethereal beings, at the gods that came down. Only they were not as lucky as they believed they were.

Both sides thought that the Gods would battle with them and corrupt their enemies lines, only the Gods were not there to do such things. They were there for bloodshed and rage.

Guns could not harm such beings of ruefully power and darkness. The epitome of night. And so the feeble mortals found other ways to wage war against the eternal... weapons made out of the blood of Gods. Because, although they were unstoppable, they still bled like any other. Once they found this alternative method of murder, Nyx and Erebus figured out that they must call or backup. SO they called up an army to match their intensifying anger towards the beings they helped shelter once upon a time.

So Nyx told Hermes to bring down a message to Styx, a lowly goddess of the underworld and one who would bring bounds of hell and unleash it amongst their opponents.

These mortal beings were the same beings that burned the land we stand on to ash, they turned the grass that once rolled along our hills to boughs of charred dirt, the once futile land with lush vegetation is now made entirely of dust that the mortals created. SO styx sent up us Dark Fae. Soul Seekers, as we are now called.

Manaanggal,

Bubak,

Gilgamesh,

And the Umbra Ones.

Manananggal: Beings with bat wings in which their torso can split from their lower half creating a great way to cover in a carnival; in which you could find most of them showing off their 'talents' amongst mortals. WIthout anyone suspecting a thing. But they were also bloodsuckers, and rely on their prey to get it. Styx picked them to slay those who managed to hide, for they can be easily mistaken as mortal.

Bubak: A being made not out of flesh and blood, but rather bone and straw with a bit of sinew and tissue. They have the upper body of a mortal, or at least what seems like one, but then a stick as their legs, a lone stick used to get dug into the ground and scare away crows. They hid in Farmers yards. They can't walk, but they can hop. Styx picked them to scare away mortals of which are wandering.

Gilgamesh: A dragon-like creature with scales across its body and a mane that goes from its snout to its tail, they have inverted horns and a mighty long tail to match their taloness feet. Foot soldiers rode them into battle, and they are still used today as a way of transport.

The Umbra Ones: These rare yet also frequent creatures walk amongst shadows. They are very pale with dark circles under their eyes, looking as if they never slept a day in their long lives. Their every bone and muscle is very sharp and clear, and you can see every bump and curve under their skin, but with that they also have very distinct blackish scales along their forearms that protect them. We used to use those exact scales for armour since they could shield anything from a gunshot wound to an arrowhead covered in a Goddesses blood. They have cloths that cover their mouths, mostly darker colors, for it is dangerous to be without. Generally, they are black since b;lack absorbs the sunlight emanating from their mouths at even the tiniest breath. They have inverted horns, but they usually keep them short, like stumps. They dont have small arched Fae ears, like the rest of us Soul Seekers do, but rather mortal ears cut halfway through.

In their eyes holds secrets to the sky, for one has a full moon and the other a crescent.

Styx chose them not only for their ability to paralyze men and women alike on sight, but also the way they move in battle. WIth utmost grace, as if in a dance or trance. Even with boughs of heavy armour on and a steel blade, they move gracefully through the battle.They can make even killing a person seem like a gift bestowed upon you. Even covered in blood, they can make a war seem like a painting.

Once the Gods won the war, the two supreme beings left Tech Duinn for us to revel in. Erebus and Nyx deliver souls of the newly dead for us to work with, and bargains to make with live beings that dare travel to where we live.

Tech Duinn gave people a way to embrace their darker selves, a way to let go of everything with bargains, gambling, midnight fun, and some even dare confront their own demons. Though nobody tries to tame them. We make the misunderstood, understood again.

And now in present times, we have no King or Queen. NO government or patriarchy, we have what we have always needed and what everybody else wished they had...

Ourselves.