Chapter Twenty: Viviendel🏃

𝕬𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓 𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖞 𝖔𝖋 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖊𝖓𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘 𝕼𝖚𝖊𝖊𝖓𝖘, 𝖆 𝖓𝖆𝖕 𝖘𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖉 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖆 𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞 𝖎𝖒𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖆𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖆𝖑 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖙𝖍

But Ea just had to come and ruin that as well.

"We're going for a run," He says after he barges into my room like a mad-Fae. He knocked first, unlike the last two times, but still.

"No, we are not," I reply stubbornly. My feet rooted in place beside the bed I was just about to throw myself upon.

He mocks my words, repeating them like he didn't understand them the first time. "Yes, we are."

-*-

About an hour later, we stood in the courtyard. A different spot than yesterday, but still a lengthy distance away.

He won the argument after we made another deal. He never gave me my dagger back from the last time we made a deal, and he owned up to tricking me to the highest degree. Which essentially made me so angry that I told him that if I win the race, he set up a Milli-second ago, then he would have to instantly give me my weapon back and I could keep it.

And that I could have full permission to hit him in the back of the head for tricking me and making everything so infuriatingly difficult.

So, naturally, he made sure that there were at least multiple obstacles to prevent me from winning. Little did he know, I went easy on him last time. This time I won't be so nice. I will win this race, even if it depends solely on the few tricks up my sleeves. He never specified the rules to qualify as a 'winner'. A cruel smile twists my mouth upward.

"Ready," Azul says behind us. "Set..." He pauses dramatically. "GO!" We race off, but I stop halfway down to the finish line, Ea already a few feet ahead of me.

"Come, my graceful friend, for we shall win." I say in a cheetahs purr. Ea looks back, noticing my absent footfalls, and just as he turns around to run back to me, a cheetah comes racing towards me instead.

I quickly jump onto the back of the cheetah as she slows down, helping me. We quickly surpass Ea with his awed and defeated expression. Fae are slightly slower than Cheetahs, about as fast as a lion.

Within a few moments, I surpassed the white dotted line Ea drew on the grass.

I look back at Ea as I dismount the cheetah, petting her behind her ears before setting her back off to her home. He looks almost angry.

"That is cheating!" He yells from across the courtyard. I shake my head, smiling cruelly.

I stick my tongue out like a child. "You never specified that having help was cheating. I thought, since you are so slow, that you would want Azul to give you a piggy-back-ride."

Azul's laughter reaches me from all the way over here. The sound high-pitched and very dolphin-like. "She is right, you know."

"That was ONE time, and that was in MIDDLE SCHOOL!"

"Oh, I have to know this," I sat down on the ground as Ea races over to me, shaking his head angrily.

"No, you do not," He says. "It is unimportant."

"I beg to differ," Azul interferes. Sitting down next to me he continues, "Back in middle school we had this talent show,"

I nod my head. Every single year they have a talent show for the 7th graders. They get to choose one thing that they want to do, but they have to be talented in that area of expertise.