Chapter Five: Viviendel 💤

𝕴 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖘𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖗, 𝖔𝖋 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖘𝖊, 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖘 𝖜𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖉!

Only a moron would believe they would! And now I am not left unsupervised, on Ea's orders. And I cant even blame the stupid vines, I was the stupid one afterall. Now I can't escape!

Azul has been here since I returned, he blocks the doorway. "Viviendel?" He asks me, I am in bed, pretending to be asleep so he leaves. "I know you are up," He accuses, and I open my eyes long enough to glare at him. "Your eyes weren't rapidly moving beneath your closed lids, a clear sign that you were not actually sleeping."

"What?" I groan.

"Is it okay if I lay down on the ground?" His voice is chirpy.

I shrug, "I don't care, in fact, if you want, you can go ahead and leave." Moonlight streams through my curtains and lights up Azul's dolphin face. He frowns, his small bottom teeth showing.

"I am not allowed," Azul replies manically, making himself comfortable on the floor.

Ea told him to 'guard' me while he is out getting the other two guards and my father. I can't say I am partially relieved that my father is coming here, he could die instantly if one little thing happens. The Fae are not known to be gentle with humans.

"Does it look like I really care about rules?"

I can almost tell that he is rolling his eyes, although I can only see his snout over my heap of blankets. "No, it doesn't, you heathen." He teases innocently. He is the type of person who will insult you, but make you think that he did it out of gratitude. The weird type of person.

We just lay like that for a few moments, and I almost feel bad that he is on the floor. Too bad, I gave him the option to leave.

"So..." I start, trying to defuse the awkwardness in the situation.

"So what?" Azul asks.

I don't know I was prompting you to say something, ANYTHING. "So, what do you want to talk about?" I ask.

"I want to talk about nothing, I would like to go to sleep before my next shift tomorrow. And I can't do that if I have to guard you."

"Where are you going?" I try to coax the answer out of Azul.

He sighs, clearly done with me but too polite to say so. "We now have to go to the Laritiones place. Since it was our Queen that fell, her personal guard has to go to every village to tell them."

"Tiring job." I agree.

"It is," He says. "So... maybe we should go to bed. I need to have my wits about me tomorrow." He suggests politely, but there is clearly an order in his tone.

"Fine, fine," I reply, holding my hands up in a surrender position although I know he can't see.

The silence is almost deafening, and I fidget under my wool blankets. I almost want to break it. But then again, he did have a point. Nobody wants to go to the Laritione village sleepily and without their wits.

I went to their village once, and I regret it immensely. The chatter that was made to sound like regular talking makes you want to go to every friend group stopped on the sidewalk and ask how everybody is doing. It can drive a sane person insane, and an insane person to visit the gods' realms. And that is if you are not entirely insane.

"Are you asleep?" Azul asks in a hushed tone, sitting up from my floor. He lays by the door, guarding anybody from coming in and me coming out. I close my eyes and remember what he said about how he knew I was not asleep, I move them rapidly behind my lids, and I hear him walk out of the room on almost silent feet.