Chapter Twenty-One: Thanatos😎

𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖉𝖆𝖜𝖓, 𝖒𝖞 𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖒𝖘 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖞 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖘𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖘 𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖊.

A rainstorm hit the Tomairsitkiz boarding school a few minutes ago, and the effect is cold and gloomy.

Good thing I love mist.

I walk through the Everlasting Blooms crowding the room, little gravestones for every person who ends up dead after an unlucky Magic Class. Probably an older class from when more powerful beings ruled the Earth. But then again, one time my peer's magic got out of control and almost slaughtered the Faerie next to him. Countless times has that one kid came face-to-face with death thanks to his partner.

I sit in the back of the class, so I just sit back and try to persuade my shadows to bring me popcorn- extra butter.

They never listen though, they are too busy trying to watch the shows themselves. Shadows and drama, you can never tear them apart. They go hand in hand, and if you break one hand, then the other is near useless.

And the Tomairsitkiz's who can indeed shape-shift as a shadow are the deadliest, dramatic, extra creatures to ever grace Mother Earth's upturned flesh.

The deadliest of them are the ones that stay in their magical forms and wander over to the ancient waters.

One place I wish I could get away with going to, but I would likely be out of my league and cursed multiple times by shadows millennia's older than me. I would likely die. But at least nobody would dare go to find me.

My dreams with Viviendel, well that was a plus. And as my plan unravels, these brief interactions will help a lot. And that she and her little guard 'friends' will come to the village today...

Well, I will just have to sneak out and find them.

And that is what I am doing now.

I grab my black cloak that looks like it was made by one of the peasants in the village, the only cloak I have that is not adorned with some kind of intricate design. I flop the hood over my black hair, hiding my face.

Using the jagged rock on the outside of the window, I sling down. I am on the 3rd floor of my school, the Everlasting Bloom Garden.

My black-painted fingertips grasp the edge of the windowsill, my cloak drifting out as I scale my way down towards the castle. Now and then wind will blow through, or the rain will plop in my eye and temporarily blind me, and almost every time I practically sway down to the ground in a maneuver that would cause my immediate death.

My feet land in a puddle of brown mud, and my new black boots get stained. Stupid nature.

Keeping my hood and face turned down, I survey the crowd I am now in. Tomairsitkiz young, picking up trash. Learning discipline and humility. Two things being a Prince depends on. I almost feel pity for the small Fae, if I had such a feeling.

I push through the Tomairsitkiz offspring and make for the gates. Nobody stops me. People will only stop you if you 1: you look out of place or 2: don't act confident.

If you dress up as one of the teachers and walk out, nobody will stop you. If you look confident while doing so, it will psychologically make them think that you are supposed to be there and that they can say nothing about it.

As I swiftly apart with the gates, I almost slam into a Faerie Hound. One made from nightmares...

Its white skin and tall maw with sharp teeth...