Chapter Sixteen: Bayou🌹

Part Two:

Chapter Sixteen:

Chapter Sixteen:

𝕴 𝖘𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖘 𝖗𝖔𝖔𝖒.

Alone.

The smell of old books and ink ridden pages the only other occupant. The towering books acting like makeshift cameras. I wouldn't be surprised if there were, in fact, cameras hidden within them from a time that two of us got into a petty argument and wanted to blackmail the other. I wouldn't be surprised if the cameras were from Anul after one of our many brawls.

Dystopian books tatter the floor in an orderly fashion, all open to a rebellion page. Most are old-modern books. Most about overthrowing a monarchy or government. Most about the heir or princess aiding the rebellion and their journey. Most sounding like how I hope my own rebellion will be. A success, in other words.

The falling of an empire, that is what our own documentaries will be titled. Not after an old human empire, but one that lasted much longer. One that was unfair. One where people were rejected, one where nobody was equal.

One where a clan of royalty betrayed the rest in a ruthless, merciless battle.

I have been doing much research on the secrets that have been drifting my way since the death of Freyja. How she died? What she would have had to do to deserve such a thing? Especially as a Queen?

It couldn't have been from natural causes, because then the Queens would have gladly announced the unfaithful way nature chooses who lives and who shall perish. They would have gladly said how Freyja was such an disgraced Queen and how Mother Nature aided in their favor and got rid of her.

They would have twisted it to where Freyja was the bad guy, how she was so horrible that she must have died because of it.

But they hadn't. And although they found her everlasting bloom in a pile of green ooze, they still never told how she died. As if they didn't know themselves. Which is impossible.

'Queens know everything.' Even the History is golden textbook agrees with me, although that horrid thing rarely thinks as I do.

It almost seems like she was murdered and they are trying to hide it. Like they don't want anybody to know what happens. As if it is a big secret.

Or they simply just don't know.

I place my quill down, my aching hands cracking as I lift up the parchment I was scribbling on. Fiction may not be the most reliable, but it can help your creativity flow. And it has the greatest ideas to steal for the real world.

To steal for my rebellion.

My fake ears are off, and my fangs have been taken out, the latex from my side sitting on my bedside table. I have to get my hair recolored to hide the red tones underneath, meaning I have to steal more money from the Ea's friend- Helios. The first time I stole from him, he suspected correctly and interrupted a reading session between all of us Morons. After that, he became fake-friends with Ea, while Delta, Anul, Azul, and I all didn't bother with pleasantries. Not that we ever do, for that matter.