Chapter 12: Ea👲

𝕴𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖘 𝖇𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕴 𝖑𝖊𝖋𝖙 V𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖑 𝖚𝖓𝖘𝖚𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖛𝖎𝖘𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖘𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝕭𝖆𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖙𝖔 𝖌𝖊𝖙 𝖍𝖊𝖗. 𝕭𝖚𝖙 𝖍𝖊 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖈𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖇𝖆𝖈𝖐, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊.

My foot taps the ground impatiently. The second hand on the clock beside my head taps uselessly, but my eyes stay glued to the door.

"Where is she?" Anul yells from the carriage beyond the castle grounds. A mortal could never have heard her, but with my advanced hearing, her voice was clear.

Bayou answers, "Anjuman-" The god of growth- "knows,"

"Take a wild guess," I shoot back angrily.

Right then, the door creaks open. Slowly, as if testing my patience.

"You don't have to get all antsy," Viviendel greets us. Glowering at me like I just dared her to step on an everlasting bloom.

Bayou steps up to whisper, "Good luck," before he saunters away.

"Can you tell him," Viviendel continues, "To give me my dagger back?" her glare is not directed at me this time, but rather Bayou who is running faster than any half or mortal could ever towards the carriage. His cloak billowing against the grass.

"You don't have a dagger," I remind her.

"Actually," She replies, finally looking back at me once Bayou is out of sight. "I do- did. But that moron back there," she points in Bayou's direction. "Took it."

I rolled my eyes, not even surprised that she managed to sneak a dagger into the palace and nobody realised except Bayou.

"I will make you a deal," Her eyes narrowed into slits at my words. As if I was going to twist them to my advantage. "If you run to the carriage over there," I point to where Anul yelled from earlier. "Then I will provide the dagger,"

I can almost see her mulling over my words, trying to find a catch. She comes up empty-handed. "Instantly," she then insists.

I nod.

Viviendel shifts her weight, so she is in a ready position. "One..." I start, and she lowers herself closer to the ground. Ready for take-off. "Two..." I pause for longer than necessary. It earns me a glare. "Three!" She runs, and I give her a five-second head start. Viviendel is not as fast as a pureblood, and not nearly as fast as a half ought to be. She is a little slow.

But she can still run.

I catch up to her in a millisecond, slowly, my immortal speed to about her pace. After, about five seconds (An awfully long time to just run those few miles) we reach the carriage.

Anul practically breaks her neck as she jumps out the window of the carriage, not even bothering to open up the door like a normal person. Moron. She wraps her arms around the now paralyzed Viviendel in a hug. Her fang-filled smile is a little too close to Viviedels neck for comfort.

As if realising that as well, Viviendel jumps back like a fish about to get caught by an eagle. Anul frowns.

"Well... that is no way for an heir to act, is it?"

"I am not an heir," Viviendel reminds Anul, only she is sorely mistaken. Anul clicks her tongue.

"I heard about your grand first impression yesterday," Anul guides Viviendel to the carriage as she speaks. When she sees Delta, her face turns dark green with shame and embarrassment. I almost laughed. I don't get to hear the rest of their conversation as Delta slaps me on the shoulder.