Chapter 10: Thanatos🌌

𝕴 𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖆 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖗𝖊𝖑𝖞 𝖒𝖞 𝖔𝖜𝖓.

This type of manipulation happens frequently to me, a certain Aisling Shadow likes to invade my dreams and intertwine them with others from school. I like Aisling Shadows; they are fascinating to me. Their purpose is to combine a person's dreams with others, but they mainly do it to scare people with another person's nightmare. Good thing my Shadow-Friend does not think of me as an enemy.

But in this particular dream... it is not of a mind I recognize. It is not somebody from this blasted school, but rather somebody else. Somebody who I know... but who? Us Princes are not allowed to know people off-campus.

The dream starts on a late autumn trail and the sound of gravel and leaves crunching catches my attention. I see bright red hair first, a shocking red that is very rare to even scarce among the Fae community.

I quickly hide behind one of the trees closest to me, watching the mysterious girl whose dreams I have seemed to have invaded.

"You do know it is bad luck to stalk, right?" She asks me, and when she turns around, I get a sight of stark green eyes as they lock into my dark gray pupils.

I stalk around the tree to stand back on the trail. "I wasn't aware it was stalking."

"It is bad to walk that close behind without the other person acknowledging your existence. So yes, it is bad.." The girl says.I chuckle dryly.

"What is your name," I press, I need to figure out why my dearest Shadow thought it funny to drop me into this land.

"What is yours?" She dodged my question.

I walk down the trail towards her, my pace twice as fast as hers. "I'll make you a deal," I say, acting exactly like the stereotypical Fae prince.

Her eyebrows shoot up, "You do know I was taught when I was just a youngling not to make deals with strangers, and especially a Tomairsitkiz." She takes in my unruly black hair that falls to the nape of my neck and my stark black veins against my pale green skin that was earlier shredded. I smile. "But I am listening."

"You give me your name, and I tell you mine." I purpose.

"Can I tweak that a bit?" She asks, and I nod; My smile broadening. "I tell you my name right after you agree to this deal, and directly after I tell you, you tell me your name. I do not give you my name, but I can tell you it."

My smile turns feral, "Deal, Word-Master." It is clear that not only was she taught never to make deals with strangers but also word-play.

"Viviendel," The name strikes me in the heart with a silver sphere.

"Thanatos," I reply. Finally! I am meeting Viviendel! The girl with red locks turning the shadows upside down! But why? "Everybody has been talking about you, Viviendel." I cock my head to the side.

"Have they? I guess being a long-lost daughter is some gossip."

I didn't know that tidbit of information... "Even the shadows are taking it to their master."

"I would rather they take it to their everlasting blooms." She mutters.

When a Faerie dies, their soul retires to the soil. And from the soil, Mother nature births a bloom identical to their birth flower, and when that flower withers away, we reincarnate. We call our flowers the everlasting blooms.

"A secret never stays secret that long," I admonish.

"It would with me,"

I highly doubt that.