Chapter Forty-Four: Ea😦

I enter the room after Viviendels father leaves, lurking in the shadows until I hear his footsteps truffle past the dining hall.

Viviendel has half of the covers kicked off of her sleeping form... and she is drooling on my pillow. I frown. Meany.

I step towards my armoire, but she groans and I freeze midstep. She settles back into the pillows, and I force myself to walk in such a slow gait, a turtle could have won a race against me.

But Viviendel doesn't awaken, so I call it necessary and worth it. I grab some bottoms, comfy fleece ones, and unstrap my millions of daggers and swords. Anul showed me Bayou's paper earlier, and in all honesty, I didnt even realise he had a sister. In all honesty, we don't know anything about Bayou and Bayou never gives up any information. We just always assumed he went through a pretty traumatic life and doesn't want to talk about it.

I peel off my vest and tight undershirt, glad to feel the air from the currently open window snake across my chest and abdomen. I almost groan. I have been sweating all day in this castle, it was a bit hotter than usual, though. And not only that, but I also just came from the communal showers, and am still damp. My hair wont freaking dry!

I glance over at Viviendel to make sure- for the fifth time since I entered this room- that she is still asleep before pulling my new fleece pants on and making my way towards her.

I crawled in beside her. At first, I was careful not to let my wet hair touch her, but now, I just don't care. I rest the strands on top of her forehead so they don't get into my eyes as I snuggle against her.

She groans again and wraps an arm around my shoulders. I smile a little as I bury my head into the crook of her neck and shoulder. Letting my canine nip her sensitive skin gently before relaxing and trying to go to sleep.

But then Viviendels hands explore their way up to my hair and I still. She just lifts the locks from her forehead and starts scratching my head. I almost want to pur and kick my leg like a hound, but I refrain.

She continues to knead my scalp until I groan and I feel her smile against my shoulder.

"Good morning," She kisses my shoulder blade softly.

I snuggle deeper into her hold. "Good evening," I correct while mumbling. My words muffled by her neck.

"Hmm," Is all she says before snuggly closer to me and I wrap an arm around her hips to pull her even closer.

"Good night," I yawn.

She scratches my head once more before relaxing her fingers and allowing me to sleep. I smile.