Chapter Thirty Eight: Ea💋

I kiss her, with all my might and passion and my entire heart.

I kiss her. And I feel like I am home.

For a moment she stills, and I playfully bite her lip and she moans, and as she does so some yearning part of me stirs. And I want nothing more than to hear her moan louder, clearer, with my name sinning her lips. I want nothing more than to make sure she knows that I do like her, I may not love her, but gods above, I like her.

For once I feel as if I can give my heart away and not worry if it betrays me, or if the holder does instead.

For once, when my lips touch another, my thoughts are not about the lips lower than the ones I kiss, but rather on their chest and the thing beating incessantly beneath it. The heart I so long to reach. To grasp it in my hands and hold onto it for all eternity. Viviendel and I may not be soulmates, at least I don't think we are, but if I haven't met my soulmate thus far I would say it is safe to love one that is not them. They may be dead for all I know.

But Viviendel... she is alive. And she is with me.

Her lips are soft and her tongue is hoarse and her canines scrape against my own imploring tongue which is exploring every crevice, every inch of her mouth. Mesmerizing the places she moans or grunts when I lick, or when she takes a sharp intake of breath after a few moments, before resuming our carefully divulged task.

Our foreheads are pressed against each other, and my fin is holding back her hair as my hand finds its way to her breast. Kneading it through the rough fabric of her corset. She moans again and I take note to remember to try that particular spot again in the future.

I straddle her and take the kiss deeper, making it more electric and passionate.

Our lips and tongues start moving together in rhythm with the music still playing in the distance.

Then Viviendel breaks free. "We really shouldn't, Ea." And the way she says the name just makes me want to rip our clothes off and take her like an animal. But I reframe to a all-too-knowing grin.

"That makes it all the more enjoyable, Viviendel." I make her name something magical and coarse. She clenches her legs together more, and I take my knee and move them apart. Settling between them. She holds her breath and I lean in to bite her lip gently.

"One day, Viviendel, perhaps before you are kneeling before me, I will explore this place," I cup her through her thick trousers. She lifts her hips and my grin broadens. "And other places no other guy would ever dare explore. Especially with their tongue."

"Really?" She asks and I nod eagerly. "Well," She sits up, almost reluctantly. "Maybe today we can resort to cuddling. I don't want Bayou to walk in." Her voice sounds so fearful I almost want to laugh. He would never protrude on us in such a moment.

Would he? My smile fades.

"Okay, just don't hoard all the blankets this time."

She laughs and I swear the sound resonates in my heart. A sound I will gatekeeper forevermore. "Take your own advice, Finny."

I tisk. "We already went over this, Heathen, I am a Drama Queen."

I roll my eyes and settle next to her, she lays down as well and opens her arms. I smile sheepishly as I gather under her comforting embrace and settle my head against her chest. Listening to the rise and fall of every steadying breath.

And everything else is a blur, all I remember is her lulling voice singing a soothing lullaby and my eyes drooping, and unconsciousness awakening inside me.