The Boss

Chapter 28

Leon quickly turned off the connection. He managed to put all the files that were open back to its original spots, and he erased all trace of there ever being a call to Cam's tablet. 'Good thing I payed attention to all the computing nonsense my stepfather used to spew.'

Leon's stepfather, Cartwright van der Biel, wasn't someone Leon could dislike. He was kind of a childish guy, but Leon respected him. He had basically raised Leon alongside his mother, Lilian. They had been married for as long as Leon could remember.

The only reason Leon knew that Cart wasn't his father, is because his actual father would come around for awkward Christmas and birthday dinners. Those dinners were only awkward for Leon and Lilian since Cart and Roger would always joke around together. Leon had already found the two embarrassing separately, but together... He cringed at the memories.

Leon sighed remembering the numerous birthday dinners he had. He never actually had a real birthday party. And thats only because Lilian insisted on a dinner with the HTech's clients and their children.

Leon didn't have a friend until he was 11 or so and he didn't want to force company clients to bring their kids to some random birthday party. He knew that he hated it when he had to go to some party of a kid he didn't know the name of.

He actually met his best friend Fernando Alacrán at one of these birthday dinners. His parents worked in the manufacturing part of the company and was invited to the dinner by one of their bosses.

Turns out, that Leon and Fernando were neighbors. After they had discovered this, they made sure to always visit each other or go on adventures. They had grown up side by side since then.

Until of course, Fernando was arrested by the Hunters. More specifically, his mother.

Then, so was Leon.

It was all a blur at that point to Leon. He had confronted Lilian about something he had heard her say, something along the lines of killing Leon's biological mother. He questioned her until she admitted that, yes she did in fact kill Leon's real mother many years back.

Of course, she also admitted to trying to kill Fernando for years behind his back. This fact distracted him from the first admission.

Fernando had never said a word about it.

According to Lilian, Fernando was a Vampire. And not just any Vampire-- a PureBlood Vampire. The most powerful kind.

Since Fernando was a PureBlood, he had a special ability that was strong enough to deter Lilian's pursuit. But since the death of Fernando's adoptive parents and sister in a motor accident just days before that, he hadn't been on his guard.

Lilian announced that she had already captured him. He was already on his way out to one of the many Hunter facilities.

Leon kind of lost it then. He heard Lilian shout an order to detain him.

He couldn't remember what happened next, but suddenly he was Transported out of there by his father.

His father then suddenly told Leon that he was a Wizard.

The rest is history.

Leon snuck the laptop back to it's position in Ryuu's room. He left as soon as he was done putting everything back into it's place as best as he could. He slowly opened the door. Checked the hallway for people. Once he was sure that there was no one, he close the door carefully.

Then he ran.

He ran as fast as his legs could take him towards his room. He ran inside and closed the door behind him.