The Reality

Chapter 26

Leon walked down the hall of the dormitories toward his room. He had left the cafeteria quickly without eating anything.

That part of the compound was specifically for people's rooms. There was many floors full of different types of rooms. From single rooms to large family rooms, this place had it all.

Leon was walking and thinking about the man from the cafeteria. He couldn't believe that that person was working for the Hunters.

'Does this mean everyone I have ever met is working with the Hunters?'

Leon stopped in his tracks.

'Dear Lord. What if that's true??' Leon became frantic. His breathing increased and he started to hyperventilate.

'Calm down!' He told himself. He leaned against a wall and slowed his breathing.

He was about to continue his route to his room but froze when he saw the man from the cafeteria again.

He was walking down the dorm hall in the opposite direction.

Leon started to follow him. He slowly made his way down the hall, taking the same way as the man, though several doors down. Leon made sure not to make much noise, just as Anya had taught him.

The man stopped in front of a room and Leon saw him insert a keycard and enter.

'This is his room...' He came close to it. 'Room 1256.'

Leon couldn't help the thought that popped into his head next.

He was going to break into that man's room.

Why you ask?

'There might be some important information in there about Dark Magic...' Leon thought. 'Besides, he was the only person that I have ever seen dress that nicely in the whole compound! He must hold a high position...'

Leon made sure to stay out of sight just in case the man came out again.

'He is not the Lieutenant Commander of this compound. I met her, Esmerelda, just a week ago, before Anya's last mission.' Leon thought. 'Could he be another Lieutenant Commander? Or higher up? Or perhaps there is another reason why he's here?'

Leon's head was starting to hurt.

'I should go to my room. My head is hurting from all this thinking.'

He walked quietly (and quickly) away from the man's room. Leon broke out into a sprint once he was far enough away, bumping into a lot of people.

He made it to his room and stopped to catch his breath.

'If I'm to break into his room, first it is imperative that he doesn't know I am here. If he knows before I break in, I could become suspect number 1 when he tries to figure out who did. Next, I must find a way into his room. When will I go? How will I break in? And once I do, what then?'

Leon groaned.

'Shit. This might be harder than expected.'

He shook his head. He would figure out what to do later. For now, all he wanted was a nice shower and some tea.

He sighed and opened the door to his room. He went in, closing it behind him and sank to the floor with his back to the door. He was more tired than he thought.

"Tired?"

"Yeah, I am-" Leon hadn't expected anyone to be in his room, so when he heard the voice he jumped in surprise. "Anya-!" He spoke again, but stopped short when he saw his girlfriend lying in his bed with nothing but a thin sheet covering her. He knew his face had gone red because all he felt was heat.