To Be Or Not To Be?

Dedicated to blue_jay cause Jay gots awesome stories. Check Jay out sometime y'all!

Chapter 12

"No way. Absolutely no way." Kari said to her now fiancé. They were in the school and were standing in front of a class room.

"Come on Kari! The principal let you skip the 10th grade shit so you could take 11th grade classes!" Zing said.

"So what?!" She said very annoyed with him.

"So, that means you need to take 4 courses and 1 elective. You're already in RM4, AP English Literature, AP Global History, and AP Biology!"

"SO WHAT."

"So, you need to take an elective anyway, so... Why not take this elective with me?"

"No way! This is a class only you would like!"

"That's not true! You would like it too! You just have minor stage fright."

"I ain't afraid of no stage. I just don't like people looking at me." She crossed her arms.

"Please Kari? Please...!" Zing pulled out his puppy look, Kari wasn't fast enough to dodge it. She tried to be strong, but cracked a few seconds later.

"Fine! But I will only go to check it out! If I see one thing I don't like, I will flip everyone off and just leave. This is the last class of the day anyway." Zing kissed her and then opened the door.

Their classroom was situated in the schools auditorium, so that made Kari a little nervous. Zing took her hand and walked her down the isle to the stage where there was a blond guy standing and a few other people sitting on the ground.

"Ah, Zing! Who have you brought here today?" The guy standing said.

"That's-! Thats Kari Miller! The girl who was went missing last year!" A few students whispered. The guy standing shushed them.

"This is, uh, Kari Miller..." Zing let go of Kari's hand. She knew he was remembering when she was gone. She sighed and stepped forward.

"Yeah, I'm Kari Miller. I was missing, but now I'm back so don't mention it again or else, okay?" She narrowed her
eyes at the students.

"Ah, okay... Not a big fan of threats but... I am Derrick Steele. Call me Derrick. I am your instructor for this class, Musical Theater!"

"Musical Theater?" Derrick nodded. "Okay, but Mr. Steele, why have Musical Theater class when there are Music and Theater classes already?" Kari asked.

"Call me Derrick."

"Mr. Steele, why-."

"Derrick. Call me Derrick."

"Answer the damn question Mr. Steele." Zing chuckled.

"Alright fine! Teenagers..." He sighed. "Anyway, Musical Theater is for those actors who want to sing as well. In Music class, all you do is sing and its similar in Theater. In this class, you get the best of both! Isn't that fun?"

"Sounds like a new form of torture." Kari said.

"Great! Then go ahead!" Derrick said.

"Go ahead...?" Kari asked.

"Sing something! It can be anything!" Derrick had a crazy gleam in his eye. Kari thought he was the definition of that word, 'gleek'. She internally shuddered.

"I don't think-"

~I got my eyes on you.~

Kari stopped. She recognized that singing voice. Zing grabbed her hand.