The Rehersal Dinner

A/N:

Dedicated to Skitty-Writter108 cause you are actually reading this lololol thank you!!!

______

Chapter 2

Year: 2032

Kari pulled her jacket tightly against her shoulders. It was a brisk October morning with chilly winds. She had gone to the bus stop to wait for the bus, and it seemed to get colder as she waited.

It was only October, but the side walk around the bus stop were covered in ice. There were a group of three boys giggling their heads off right behind Kari. She had wondered why the ground was so icy, but the giggling told her what was going on. No doubt the side walk being icy was one of the three's pranks.

So far, no one had fallen for their prank (no pun intended). But there were only 4 kids at the stop (including Kari and the three giggle triplets).

Usually, there were 6 kids, but one was sent home the day before on account of her sickness (She threw up on the bus, and-- lucky for Kari-- she was sitting right beside the girl).

Since the kids at the stop were all careful, no one slipped. 'But there was still one more victim-- kid --left,' she thought.

Kari noticed the bus turning onto the street the stop was on and it was approaching fast. All Kari could think was, 'the kid lucked out by missing the bus today, and he saved himself a heck of an embarrassment'.

The bus stopped and the kids had gotten into a line to get onboard. Kari glanced down the street once more, just to make sure the last kid didn't come.

But, of course, as soon as she turned to look, she saw him running towards the bus. Kari opened her mouth to warn him to slow down and tell him about the  ice, but the poor kid ran too fast for Kari to speak in time. He ran to the bus only to slip and land right on his butt.

Everyone at the stop and on the bus (including the driver) laughed their heads off. Kari frowned, feeling bad for the kid sitting there and rubbing his bruised behind. Kari decided to walk up to him and help him up.

"Hey, let me help you." She said extending her hand to him.

They looked into each others eyes for a second. Everything went silent for just that moment. Kari gasped at his beautiful eyes. She had never seen eyes like his before. 'What a pretty shade of brown' Kari thought. 'It reminds me of chocolate!'

He grabbed her hand she helped him up. "I'm Kari. What's your name?"

"Zing, but my friends call me Z. Thanks." He said shaking her hand.

That was the beginning.

********

Year: 2038

Kari opened her eyes slowly. She blinked a few times and found herself staring at her white bedroom ceiling.

'Ah, that nap was good.' She sat up on her bed and stretched. 'That wasn't a dream though... It was a memory. Schneider does a good job at getting me to remember the past...' She sighed as she stood up.

'But at least it was about Zing this time...' Kari glanced at her alarm clock on her bedside table. 'Speaking of which, I should get ready.'

...........

Kari smoothed down her hair. She had just finished getting ready for the dinner and was just fixing her hair. 'I should cut it...'