The Boy Who Waited

Chapter 7

Year:2039

"Zing...?" Kari said astonished. "But...! I was with him a few hours ago! He couldn't have been looking for me for a year!" Kari said.

"What? That doesn't make any sense!" Milo said.

"Actually, it does." Sam said. "Billy probably sent us to the future." Billy gasped.

"No! No way!" Billy said incredulously. Sam nodded remorsefully. "Then... That would mean a whole year of our lives was just skipped over! That would mean I didn't graduate! And Dad! He would have been so worried!"

"You... you mean...? It's true?" Kari was at a loss for words. Zing really was looking for her for a whole year!

"You're a Time Wizard?" Billy nodded sadly. "So then for you it's only been a few hours, but for us... Its been an entire year." Milo said. "But if its only been a few hours, then how come your clothes look so bad?"

Billy, Sam, and Kari all spontaneously looked at their clothing. Kari's pink dress was no longer pink and floor length, but brown and jaggedly cut to knee length. Sam's blue tee was covered in holes and stains that he couldn't even differentiate. Billy's clothes were supposed to be covered in his still wet blood, but his clothes were coated in dry blood, more than what he had thrown up before.

"Uhh, Billy? When did you get stubble on your face?" Sam asked. "Your hair grew too. So did yours Kari." Billy's hair was shoulder length before, but was now passed his waist. Kari's was almost at the floor.

"You too!" Billy said to Sam. His short hair was now shoulder length and he had a small goatee. "But we were not like this a minute ago!!" Billy said. "It's as if we aged upon coming here! To make up for lost Time!"

"A Time Anomaly?" Milo suggested.

"That's the only explanation. Our Timeline and our bodies have moved forward in Time, but not our minds!" Billy said.

Kari took a deep breath. "This is seriously messed up!" She said.

"You guys look really tired. Why don't you freshen up and rest before we go any further?" Suddenly, the three felt unnaturally tired. "There is a shower and a large room for sleeping if you want. We also have extra clothes." Milo said. "You can see him tomorrow." He said to an anxious Kari. "But for now, rest."

Kari nodded and Milo lead them to the top floor of the warehouse. After they all showered, Milo brought them extra clothes to change into. A yellow sundress for Kari and jeans and t-shirts for the boys.

Like Milo said, there was a large sleeping room with multiple soft looking beds. Sam and Billy laid down and immediately fell asleep.

Kari thought about how tired she was. 'My body... It probably is feeling the effects of the Timeline Anomaly or whatever... So it's as if I haven't slept in a year! No wonder I'm tired... I'll just sleep and when I wake up, I'll see Zing... I wonder if he hates me... I hope not... '

She fell into a deep slumber.

******

It was dark when Sam awoke. He looked around and saw the dark figures of Kari and Billy asleep.

'I wonder how long it's been? It feels like forever since I was awake last.' He thought as he quietly left the room. He wondered in the hall until he stumbled upon Milo is a sort of kitchen area.

"Sam! What are you doing out of bed?" Milo asked. He was drinking out of a red mug. Sam could smell that it was blood mixed with something sharp smelling. Alcohol perhaps?