A Rush of Adventure

Chapter 5

"Housecleaning." Franz answered. "That I need help with."

"Ohhhhhhh." Kari and Billy said at the same time.

"Wait, you're fighting something in there." Billy said.

"No shit Sherlock." Kari said. Billy gave her a look.

"What I meant was, how do you have room to do that in this small cabin?" He finished.

"I don't. If you look closely, half the cabin is gone." Franz walked them around to the other side of the cabin and they saw the desolation and a few large green figures.

"Damn! Your house!" Kari was astonished.

"Yep. That's why I need to clean house. You see those uglies there?" He pointed at the green figures. "They are Demons. There are way too many for me to deal with myself. That's where you come in. Kill all of them then help me fix my place."

"Demons...? Those exist here too?" Billy said.

"And we're back to, no shit Sherlock." Kari said. "Demons can exist here. They can exist anywhere."

"How do we fight them? The usual way?" Sam said.

"Decapitation." Franz said throwing the machete at Kari. She caught it effortlessly.

"Of course, it always gotta be the usual way! Ugg." Billy said grossed out.

"Alright! Let's do this Sam." Kari said.

"What about the other guy?" Franz said.

"I'm a Lover, not a Fighter." Billy said proudly.

"Alright, then you can concentrate on fixing my house." Franz said. "Okay, get to it." He went to go sit a few feet away. He took off his dirty apron and sat on a chair. He brought out a newspaper.

"Wow, he's prepared." Billy said.

"Don't forget to kill them all. If you let any of them go, they will come back with more. So, do it." Franz sat and started to read the paper.

"Okay, I've been dying for some action." Kari stretched, took off her heels and got into her battle stance. 'I've never used a machete before.' She said testing its weight in her hand. 'I normally fight with my bare hands. But I'm sure that I'll get used to it soon enough.' She charged at the first Demon.

She jumped high and caught that Demon by surprise. She let out a cry swinging the machete at its neck.

The machete got stuck and the Demon thrashed wildly. Kari was still holding on to the weapon and was gripping tightly onto the wild creature.

'Damn it! I need to use more force with this thing.' She pulled the machete out and jumped off the Demon.

'Lets try it again.' She ran at the Demon and swung harder at the neck. This time she sliced it the rest if the way off. 'Yes.'

Billy was casting his spells loudly and slowly while fixing the cabin.

She looked over to Sam and he already had 5 bodies around his feet. Kari shook her head. She was really out of practice. Demons yelled and started for her.

Kari had to admit, she had missed fighting. Ever since she left the Marines, she had been living a pretty docile life. She wanted to practice her skills more. She decided to try a skill that took her forever to learn. Blind Detection.

She closed her eyes. If she could still sense enemies without sight, then that means her skills aren't as dull as she first thought.

She could feel the Demons presence. They were slowly going out, one by one as Sam killed more. She was happy to find out that she could sense the dark aura radiating from them. She smiled and started swinging.