The Reunion

Chapter 10

Kari still didn't understand.

"Non-Humans... Should be imprisoned? Like... People like us?" Alphonse nodded. Kari felt less confused. She actually started to get angry. "Why?"

"We're a threat." Sam said.

"A threat? To humans?" Sam nodded. Kari thought for a moment. 'I guess its sort of true... But not all of us just go and hurt humans for nothing!' She thought. "Humans are all threats to each other, yet you have to have probable cause to arrest them. What, just cause we're different, we get treated differently?"

"You know humans though. If they see something they don't understand, they usually either kill it or capture it. Just be glad they aren't killing us." Milo said.

"But they are capturing us. What do they do once they imprison someone like us?" Kari asked.

"They experiment." Cam said. Although Kari only just met him, even she could tell that he went through some trauma by the sound of his voice.

"Experiment..? How do you..." Kari looked at Cam. But he turned away.

"I saw it happen. It almost happened to me. I was the last one left... Everyone else died... I could have too but I was saved. They caught me and they tied me to this gurney. It was terrifying." Cam said quietly. Kari saw the expression on his twin's face. Milo was only hearing this for the first time. "I was just walking home from school one day when, out of nowhere, a guy attacks me. He couldn't land a hit so he pulled out his gun... I tried to dodge, but I couldn't..." Cam pulled up his long sleeved shirt to show a scar running across his arm. It wasn't very large, but it certainly was dark colored. 'Sort of blue.' Kari thought.

"Why? I thought Wolves didn't get scars... Why is it blue?" Anya asked.

"The bullets the guy used were a freaky light blue color. When it hit me, even though it was only a graze, I couldn't move my arm. Before long I couldn't move all of my body. I think... It's some sort of Magic... Paralysis Magic maybe? It knocked me out too. I don't know. I don't know why they targeted me, why they shot at me, why I got this scar... All because I'm different? No one deserves that..." Milo took his brother's hand and squeezed it.

Alphonse spoke after a long silence.

"Do you know who they were?"

Cam nodded, then shook his head, then nodded again.

"Do ya or don't ya?" Kevin said. Cam didn't answer him. Kari saw that Cam had a sad look on his face. "Hello? Camo? I didn't mean to sound rude-" Cam shook his head.

"It's fine." He said so quietly that Kari almost missed it.

"Well, I'm not fine!" Kari said. "Fuck this shit! They can't just do that to people! We're not garbage! We have feelings, and family! Just like them... We are not different! Nobody should be treated like this." Kari had to calm herself before proceeding. "Cam. Who are these people?"

Cam paused. "I-I heard a name from-" He stopped. He bit his lip and took a deep breath. "From someone while I was still fading in and out of consciousness." He stopped.

"Camo?" Kevin said. Kari noticed how Cam purposely didn't look at Kevin. 'Why is Cam acting like that to Kevin? Weren't they just buddy-buddy not long ago?'

"They... Those people around me... They kept saying the same words over and over again... The Hunters."

"The Hunters?" Anya said.

"You recognize the name?" Milo asked.

"I'm not sure... Maybe? When he said the name, I just felt something." Anya said.