Losses

Chapter 48

Anya stood up and laughed.

"Oh, man. It feels good to be back!" Anya said to Melanie.

"Good, now we can leave." Melanie said.

Leon couldn't believe it.

Anya was gone.

He didn't help her.

How could he be so weak? Anya trusted him to protect her and he couldn't!

"Are you coming or what?" Ryuu suddenly said, snapping Leon out of his thoughts. Ryuu directed the question to Ndar.

"Give me a minute here!" Ndar was currently standing over his Familiar's unmoving body."Why isn't he getting up? Grynnion!"

Leon looked over at Sam. There was something small burning next to him on the ground.

Leon saw his father stand next to Sam. "It seems as though you lost your pet. Ready to give up yet?"

Ndar looked at Roger with fury. "You think this is it??" Ndar laughed. "You haven't even seem my trump card yet!"

Leon glanced over at his other friends. Kevin was trying to talk to Melanie, but to no avail.

"Mel don't do this!" Kevin pleaded. "There's still a chance to walk away from this-"

Melanie put up her hand, stopping him.

"You don't know who you're talking to! She's the most important Hunter! Right after the Master of course!" Anya said scowling.

"Anya." Anya glanced towards Freddy, who held her out arms. "Come back to us. We can cure you." Freddy said calmly. "We can help you."

"Help me? With what?"

"With the Dark Magic inside you. We can take it away. You don't have to be scared."

"What are you saying? Are you saying that I'm sick? That I have some kind of disease?"

"We can help-"

Leon watched as Anya raised her gun but turned away when she shot Freddy. He didn't want to see... He didn't want to see the reality before him. He knew Anya went for the kill shot...

Right between the eyes.

He heard Freddy's body fall to the ground.

"Oh my God!!! Freddy!" His friends exclaimed.

"The Master gave me this Magic. He blessed me with it. Anyone else got a problem?" Anya said coldly.

Leon heard loud growling and two other shots from Anya. Then a few more.

"Why did you shoot them both?" Melanie asked.

"She belonged to the dark haired one. And he would definitely try to kill me. So, I took the liberty and killed him first." Leon knew she had shot Alphonse. He looked over at where Alphonse now lay.

And to his horror, he saw Tom lying a few feet from him. Both in growing pools of blood. "As for Tomas..." Anya stopped as if she was at a loss for words.

"He served his purpose." Melanie said. "He observed the specimen and even lead us to more samples."

Anya laughed. "Now they're dead! That saves us time later."

'Oh no...' Leon swallowed back tears. He didn't want to think about what Melanie had just said about Tom...

"Can we leave now? I do have other things to do." Ryuu said impatiently.