The First Mission

Chapter 21

"Okay y'all, here's the plan," Anya said addressing Kari, Milo, Billy and Cam. "We enter the building from the east side. According to Cam, that side has the least amount of security."

"The guards are constantly being rotated, so we can easily slip in and out between rotations." Cam said.

"Right. Then we split up. Cam, Billy and I will go towards the left and Milo and Kari, you two will go right and wait for the signal." Anya said.

"What will the signal be?" Kari asked.

"You'll know it when you see it. But make sure that no one sees you. It is important to the plan." Anya said.

"Okay." Milo said.

"It's a basic 'get-in-get-out' plan." Cam said.

"What happens when we see the signal?" Milo asked.

"Go nuts. Every Hunter you find, beat the shit out of them. Make as much ruckus as possible." Anya said.

"Now, I like the sound of that." Kari said.

"There is a catch however." Anya said. Kari groaned. She hated catches. "Sorry girl. We all gotta deal."

"Just tell us what the catch is? I hate suspense." Billy said. Kari agreed.

"We all have to wear masks. They can't know who we are just yet." Anya said.

"Ugh." Kari said. "Do I have to? I don't think it matters if they know who I am."

"It matters." Anya said angrily. Kari furrowed her brow confused. "If the Hunters know who we are, they might do something bad to our families. That's what bad guys always do." Kari nodded. She wouldn't want innocent people hurt because of her stupidity.

"Well, let the mission commence! Operation: Get Hunter Data While Kicking As Much Ass As Possible!" Billy said.

They laughed.

"Um, excuse me?" They all looked over at Leon. He entered the room quietly.

"Leon?" Anya asked.

He looked surprised. "A-Anya!" He stuttered. "What-"

"You guys know each other?" Kari asked.

Anya laughed. "We know each other very well." Kari noticed Leon blushing. "I went to London for a foreign exchange program sophomore year. I met Leon there."

"So you guys are a thing?" Billy asked.

"Yeah, long distance. You haven't called in a long time." Anya said hand on her hip.

"I had issues. What about you?" Leon said back.

"Issues." Anya smiled. "We have to get back to business, so if you'll excuse-"

"You guys are going to the place where the Hunters are, right?" Anya nodded. "I want to come with you."

****

Somehow, Leon was able to convince the others to let him come along.

Kari though he should be a lawyer with how easily the others were all convinced. 'He'd always win every court case.'

They arrived at the destination 20 minutes later. The building was not only just one building, but many buildings of all heights and sizes.

"This is what they call a 'compound'. There are many of them popping up all over the world lately." Cam explained. "They have a superior officer in charge of each one."