Discovered

Chapter 18

"Damn it Kari." Zing said. They were walking to the auditorium to get to their Musical Theater class. "This is my favorite class, and now I'm late!"

Kari laughed. There had been a pep rally last period for homecoming and Zing and Kari skipped it to go make out in his parents car.

'It was a hot make out session, that's for sure!' Kari thought. She was still a little giddy from the session.

"So, your saying that you regret being with me?" She said faking sadness.

"Hell no. In fact, I think we should just head to your place and make out all night." Zing sighed. "It's just that-"

"You want to kiss Steele's ass so he'd put in a good word for you at Juliard. I know." She said. "In my opinion, you'll get into Juliard no problem. Someone would have to be deaf, blind and not have a brain in order to not get how completely talented you are. And I'm not just saying this, it's true."

The stood outside the auditorium entrance.

"For real?"

"If you sucked, I would be the first to tell you." She kissed him. "For real."

"Have I ever told you that I love you? Cause I do. Overwhelmingly so." He kissed her back.

"I love you too, Doofus." Zing smiled and they walked through the door. Kari walked down the isle and was suddenly grabbed and pulled down into the seats. She saw that Zing had a serious look on his face. She looked at the stage. She saw a bunch of cops similar to the ones that she saw at Rob's shop. They were questioning the class.

Her blood ran cold. Since this was an auditorium, she could hear everything.

She could hear them say Zing's name.

"...I can assure you that Zing Lee is a good kid! He is not an NH at all!" Derrick was saying.

"Uh huh, sir, where is he at the moment?" One of the cops asked.

"I'm not sure. He's not normally late to class." Derrick said.

"Oh, I think he might be at home!" One of the students, Kari recognized as the only freshman in their class, Raylanne, said.

"Why do you think that?" The cop asked.

"There was a pep rally today, so a lot of kids went home. I thought I heard him saying that he would yesterday." She said.

The cops nodded and left the auditorium. After a minute, Kari and Zing stood up. The went to the stage.

"Zing! Oh my god." Derrick said. "Is... Is it true?"

Kari saw the miserable look that Zing had on his face. He nodded.

"Why did you lie to the cops? I never said anything to you about going home." Zing asked Raylanne.

"I didn't want them to take you!" She said. "They took one of my friends in California and who knows what happened to her! It's not fair that the cops will take you away when you're no different than us. It's not fair!" Raylanne started to cry. Zing patted her head.

"Thank you for trying to help me." Zing smiled weakly. "But don't worry, I'm not the type of person to just lay down and let something like this happen. I'll be okay." Raylanne nodded her head and wiped her eyes.

"Zing, we should go." Kari said. Zing nodded. They turned to leave.

"Hey, Zing! If this thing ever dies down, come visit me at Juliard! I have a job there now as assistant dean!" Derrick said with tears in his eyes. "I'll put in a good word for you!" Zing smiled and said that he would.