She's Baaaack

Chapter 16

Billy walked around the city. He had nowhere in particular that he wanted to go, so he was just wondering aimlessly. The gentle breeze blew through his recently cut shoulder length hair.

It had been a few weeks since what happened in the music shop, and Billy was still feeling sick.

'Dark Magic, huh? I wonder who it was that used it on those poor people?' Billy thought.

He had asked his teacher, but his teacher told him what Kari had basically said. Dark Magic is evil and it shouldn't be used.

'Clearly if you tell people not to do something, they'll be more inclined to do it.' Billy sighed. 'How can I get more information about it?'

Billy kept walking. It was a nice warm fall day. Probably one of the last warm days before winter would kick in. Not that Billy would mind. He loved the winter.

"Billy!" He heard a voice call out to him. He turned to see none other than his crush, Deandra Williamson.

She was looking good in a pair of jeans and a yellow cardigan over a blue shirt. Her dark skin contrasted perfectly with her out fit. Her hair was put up on a long ponytail. Billy's favorite feature though, was her smile. She definitely could light up an entire room.

"Hey, Deandra! How's it going?" He tried to be cool around her. He usually fails at this.

"Nothing much, I'm just headed to Tom's place for lunch. You want to come?" She asked. Billy's heart almost stopped when she smiled at him.

"Yeah. Sure. Even though, you just invited me to my own house." He said. They laughed.

"Sorry! But Sam is going to make us lunch. I can't wait! His food is always so good!" They walked together to his house.

Even though he sees Deandra a lot at his house, he wishes to see her all the time.

'She was one of the few who survived that attack by Tom's old Alpha. She, her brother and her best friend all were changed forever. I can't imagine...' Billy looked over at Deandra. She gave him another smile. Billy was glad she was making the best out of a bad situation.

Billy had a thought. "Hey, Deandra." He said. They were still a ways away from his place.

"Yeah?" She stopped when she saw that he did.

"I was wondering..." Billy froze. 'What am I going to say??' He shook his head and started again. "I wanted to check out this coffee shop later today. I was thinking, maybe, you would want to come with me?" Deandra tilted her head. "If you don't want to, thats fine! I can go myself-"

"Oh, no, I'd like to come with you. You're talking about that cafe on 21st street right?"

"Ye-yeah." He said, a little shocked that she said yes.

"We could go after school."

"Ye-yeah." Billy nodded.

"Awesome. Lets hurry though, before Dre eats all of Sam's cooking." She began to walk. Billy followed suit after another moment of reflection.

'I just asked her out, and she said yes.' He thought. 'YES, TAKE THAT BITCHES. SHE SAID YES!'

Billy almost started to happy dance but thought twice once they got to the house.

They walked into the kitchen and sat down at the dinning room table. Deandra's older brother Deandre was sitting to the left of Billy and her best friend Shela was off to the right. 'With her feet on the table, as always.' Billy rolled his eyes.