The Truth Often Hurts

Chapter 47

Milo got up. He had narrowly escaped being squashed by that bastards Demon.

'I was distracted! I was thinking... Ryuu... How many millions of Ryuu's exist in this world? Why would I think... Why would it be him?'

Milo watched as the masked man dodged the flying Demon as well. But as he was dodging... His mask slipped off, only for a second. A second was all Milo needed though...

"It is you! Oto-san!" The man turned to Milo. Despite the chaos happening around them, he had heard Milo's shout. He took off the mask and threw it on the ground.

"How stupid I was to think I could sneak past you? Of course you saw though me." He looked at Milo with hard to read eyes. Milo opened his mouth to say something, but Ryuu put up his hands stopping him. "Don't bother with why. I can't say."

Milo blinked. "Don't bother..." Milo's anger overflowed when he realized what his father said. "DON'T BOTHER? YOU'RE KIDDING ME! Do you know what these people have done to our family? To mom and Cam?"

Ryuu nodded. "I know. Ndar and Anya both are responsible for their deaths. I know since I've seen footage of it. I know... But I still work with them." Milo felt cold.

"Anya-" Laughter interrupted Milo's train of thought. He turned to see Anya herself getting up and laughing, as if something about this insane situation was even the least bit funny.

"Oh, man. It feels good to be back!" Anya said to Melanie.

"Good. Now we can leave." Melanie turned to Ndar. He was standing watching his Familiar fight with the others. "Ndar."

"Yes, madam?" Melanie motioned to where Anya stood. He looked at Anya with glee. "Oh, how wonderful! Looks like its another mission complete!"

Milo saw Ryuu put his sword back into it's sheath. "We will take our leave." Ryuu took the sword and threw it on the ground.

"What are you doing Ryuu?" Melanie asked.

"This sword... It's useless now." Ryuu walked towards Melanie. She, for the first time since getting there, frowned.

Milo didn't get it either. Why come all this way to destroy Leon's sword if, in the end, Ryuu was going to give up his sword in the process? Milo shook his head.

His father... Nothing he did ever made sense... He was someone whose heart was ice. Milo knew that before. But now Milo realized, in order to have a heart of ice, you'd need a heart in the first place.

And Ryuu definitely didn't have one.

"Are you coming or what?" Ryuu directed the question to Ndar.

"Give me a minute here!" Ndar was currently standing over his Familiar's unmoving body. Milo frowned. When did the Demon get defeated? "Why isn't he getting up? Grynnion!"

.....

Sam put Leon down. Leon gasped in pain. They needed to finish Ndar as quickly as possible.

'Okay, what do I know about Regenerating Demons? They will always come back as good as new, no matter how you slice them up. The only way to defeat this particular kind of Demon... Is the Core.'

The Core of the Demon equates to like a brain in a human. 'If I destroy the Core, then even of it regenerates, it won't function properly, then it would be useless!'

Sam noticed the Demon getting up. It roared loudly as its muscles and tendons were reattaching themselves. Sam saw this as a chance to get at its Core.

Alphonse must have been thinking the same as he was the first to jump the Demon. Sam watched as Alphonse began to claw through the Demons skin.

Sam changed into a Wolf and joined Alphonse in digging though the skin. Sam didn't like it, but tearing this Demon apart was crucial in finding the Core.

Sam dug and dug, all the while having Ndar shouting at Roger about God knows what. Sam knew enough about biology to ignore most of what he was digging up. Although he didn't know what a Core looked like. He figured he'd just keep going until he saw something-

Sam stopped when he saw something he could only describe as unusual. It was a small pink organ, it kind reminded Sam of an appendix. It was tucked behind a larger dark green organ. The large organ looked to be pulsating slightly. 'If that pink thing isn't the Core, then I don't know what is!'

Sam ripped the pink organ right out of the Demon. It screamed and thrashed so violently, Sam was hit by one of its legs. The hit made Sam breathless, but he was able to move before getting hit more. He changed back into human form.

He took the bleeding organ and held it up with his index finger and thumb. He went into his back pocket and brought out a lighter. He set the disgusting organ on fire. 'This should work!'

He threw the burning thing onto the ground and it burned brightly. All the while, the Demon screeched loudly.

After several long minutes, the Demon lay lifeless on the ground.

'Seems I found the Core.' Sam sighed. His part was done. Now for Roger to do his part...

"Why isn't he getting up? Grynnion!" Ndar was standing over his now dead Familiar. He kicked it a few times.

Roger stood next to Sam. "It seems as though you lost your pet. Ready to give up yet?"

Ndar looked at Roger with fury. "You think this is it??" Ndar laughed. "You haven't even seem my trump card yet!"

"Oh, I'm scared! Please don't show us your true power!" Roger said sarcastically. Ndar scowled at him.

"You're laughing now, but you have no clue do you?" Ndar laughed again, this time with actual amusement.

Roger frowned. "About what?"

"Why they call me the 'Demon Tamer'."

Sam felt the temperature drop. There was an insane amount of energy coming from Ndar. 'No way... That power is coming from him?'

"Ndar. Will you join us in our departure?" Melanie asked him.

"Please excuse me, madam. I must squash these unsightly bugs."