Live Bait

Chapter 45

Leon didn't think this through.

The laptop that he used to contact Milo was Ryuu's.

If he remotely accesses it, Milo will see the desktop picture and then he will know the truth.

Leon had to avoid that.

At least that would have been a good thing to think about before sitting in front of Milo's tablet.

"Ah, why not do this at another time?" Leon said nervously.

"No." Milo said bluntly.

They were in one of the many libraries of the castle. Leon was sitting at a wooden desk with the tablet in front of him while Milo was standing behind him, quietly observing. Leon had never felt more pressure from anyone before. Milo's quiet stares were already driving Leon crazy. And they had arrived in the library only minutes before!

Milo wasn't stupid. He knew Milo understood that something was up.

Leon had to admit that it was his fault. Overall, he was a very bad liar. And that is with lies he's rehearsed before. When it comes to improvisational lying, well, let's say he'd be better off just telling the truth straight up.

'What am I to do?' Leon thought. 'If Milo finds out the truth...' Leon sighed.

"Are you going to do it?" Milo asked.

"Want the truth?"

"It would be nice for once."

"I don't know the ip address."

Milo shook his head. "I guess the truth is just wishful thinking."

"What, you don't believe me?"

"Should I?"

"Fine! I'll do it." Leon thought of something then. "I'll do it, but I need you to turn away while I do it."

Milo frowned. "Why?"

"The old man... He was the kind of man who... Well, he..." Leon hesitated a little. "Has some, to put it blankly, revealing pictures as his background photo. I'd like to change it before continuing." He hoped Milo believed this lie.

"So what, he has porn as his background?"

"Yes."

"Is that why you don't want me to see?"

"It is kind of disgusting to look at. Trust me. I'd rather not subject you to seeing that."

"Disgusting..." Milo frowned deeper. He though for a minute. "Okay. But be quick! I am honestly losing patience." Milo turned around and walked away.

"Where-?"

"I will be right back. I just want to see what books are in this library." Milo said as he walked further away.

"O... Kay." Leon couldn't believe that Milo actually fell for it. This was the second time that porn had saved him. 'I have to start using that as an excuse more often.'

Leon bit his lip to contain his smile. Milo believed him. And he was far enough away for Leon to change some things around Ryuu's laptop.

And by some things, he means any and all references of Ryuu and HTech. Leon quickly accessed the man's computer.

If Leon's memory was correct, and it always was, he should be able to find all the irrelevant files right away.

He dragged all the files and gathered them all in the recycle bin.