𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟑𝟖 ; 𝐘𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐏𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫

"Sometimes leaving a trail of evidence behind

"Sometimes leaving a trail of evidence behind... leads you right to the killer"

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘ ❀ ༓ ❀ ∘∙⊱⋅•

🌸

"So, what do you think Aizawa had that made Hawks get so tipped off?"

"Who knows Midnight, all I know was Hawks was from what I had gotten the last to be seen with both Aizawa and Y/N, I talked to Tokoyami about it and he said she delivered a package for him while Hawks went out on a patrol with him. When they got back, they both assumed she would be filing papers but she was gone." he stopped talking and took out the petal he kept hidden in his pocket. "He said Hawks acted frantically and alerted some of the people he was working with that she was gone, but that could all just be a big coverup and an alibi."

"Tokoyami's alibi?"

"Both really, Tokoyami likes to stay to himself, since her disappearance he's been in his dorm reading, working, he would come out every now and then to hang out with us, but he's been at UA this entire time..." Kirishima stated with a shrug.

"Unlike Hawks... who none of which have seen much of apart from the recruitment right?"

"Not only that, he questioned us on how much we knew her back at his office... I even remember seeing the little booklet she loved to write in. Her parents have been calling mine since then, James, or Uncle James as we call him to set up search parties in the woods nearby." Midnight sighed and listened in.

"A day or two before her disappearance... I had seen her and Hawks at the Meadow... with all the sakura trees right? It looked like a date but I'm not really sure-" He rubbed the side of his arm and looked away.

"You think he was planning to take her?"

"I'm not sure anymore... maybe Aizawa did too, maybe Hawks figured it out and killed him before he could get the word out." Midnight nodded as they stood in front of his now solemn office.

"If you're right... we can save her." They pushed the door open and saw Ms. Joke in tears staring down at the camera footage. she was able to get working. She looked up and quickly wiped her tears as Kirishima and Midnight walked in. Midnight embraced Ms. Joke in a light hug before questioning her. "Why are you here? shouldn't you be with Present Mic?"

"Nezu told me to clean out his desk, I'm sorry I couldn't come to his ceremony... I couldn't see him like that... I don't want my final memory of him being put into a grave."

"It's okay... we understand, but where did you find those cameras?"

"It was in his desk as I was cleaning, with a little note it said missing student evidence and I assumed it was about the missing girl from class 1-A. She was such a sweetheart to everyone, why would anyone do this?"

"I'm not sure Ms. Joke... we think it might be a pro-hero... but we would hate to spread false information just to find out we were very much wrong."

"The cameras basically watched her every move in that bedroom... I don't know what to make of it..."

"Any clues on who did it?"

"Not a single one, I'm assuming they turned it on after they left... smart."

"If you wanna call it smart sure. Ms. Joke is there anything else you found."

"See for yourself."

Ms. Joke continued cleaning our Aizawa's desk with tears in her eyes. Putting each item in their boxes leaving the evidence on the counter above, sadly, they weren't the only ones who caught on... Kirishima looked up to see the trees by the window swaying. Unsure of if it was breezy or not he went by the window and open it slightly... no breeze. He figured it was probably just starting to become windy and went back to conversing with Midnight and Ms. Joke.

"Ms. Joke and I will stay for the evening and put the last few boxes away, some were giving to Shinso... he left a few things like his scarf in Shinso's name."

"How's he holding up?"

"Not the best Ms. Joke, in time... Kirishima you better head down with your friends, you've been more than enough help."

"Are you sure?"

"Kirishima... go to your friends... but please keep it to yourself."

"Of course... Thank you" Kirishima nodded and left the room. His footsteps now rang on deaf ears as the young hero waltzed to the dorm rooms, clenched... seething with anger. Not that he couldn't help anymore... but in his mind... he could have stopped it. Maybe, just maybe if he had intruded the day he saw the two sitting together... maybe Aizawa would be alive today... Maybe she would have suffered a different fate.

Who knows...

🌸

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘ ❀ ༓ ❀ ∘∙⊱⋅•