𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐𝟗 ; 𝐏𝐢𝐭𝐲

"How could you

"How could you..."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘ ❀ ༓ ❀ ∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

🌸

The chain began to twist tighter, more intertwined as the clash of metal rang through the enclosed doors. The slowness of breath began to seem all too close for Hawks and what seemed to be his very close net demise. His body... began to grow limp... he wasn't answering your question.

How would he be able to?

His life was in your hands... or so you believed.

You slightly gasped as to what you believed was a floating feather dripping in blood... then it dawned on you. You fell backward unclenching the chains as Hawks gasped for any bit of air that seeped in the damn room. You laid on the floor mortified as a slit cut profusely bled. you didn't scream. oh no, you wouldn't do that. Scream and let this man grow happy at your dawned cries for his ego-stroking pleasure?

Absolutely not.

Instead, you laid silent and watched him slowly... slowly get up from his shrunken state and slowly stride his way over to your body. sharpened feathers flying around him. no smile laid present on his. Not even a look of sinister glee. he stood in waiting watching the blood seep from the wound in your thigh only to scoff and watch smaller feathers dive from the whispery air just to burrow into your flesh. He wanted to see you scream in pain. He wanted you to know that he frankly was and will only be, in his eyes, of course, the only one that can help you. Save you perhaps.

He was yours.. and you were his after all.

Till death do you both apart.

The feathers laid stiff in your skin. Your face in both distraught and deadened fear. Hot tears stream down your face like lava stinging the open cuts that lay. Hawks rubbed his eye and saw blood. Not yours but his own. You left a nasty scar that slashed down his left eye. He let out a "hmph" like sound almost like he was contemplating.

Odd.

He ripped a tuft of feathers from his wings and slammed the hardened feather sword into the wooden floor. You watched, in horror, Hawks towering over you he made no noise. Not even a sound. A whisper even. He smiled.

Smiled because he knew damn well, you won't recover, without his help of course. He squatted himself down to your level and brushed his thumb along the ends of your cut and flicked the blood onto your face before getting up and briskly walking away. The idea in itself dawned on you. You were going to lay there bleeding... until your eyes closed for the very last time. With no friends or family around. No one to hold your hand and tell you it will be alright. Just a young blond, with a liking for murder.

Tears. 

That's all that you could do. Until tears... turned into cries. Wails even. Music to Hawks damned ears. He watched for a moment in the darkness, and let out a hoarse laugh.

"Crying won't help you know." He watched you cry some more before scooting over to your side with a sly smile. "Say the word, and I'll help you? You know I don't want you to be hurting... I love you, you know." He brushed his hands against her face analyzing her face. "C'mon... I know you want help."

"Why did you do this to me..." Hawks was silent and kept caressing the side of your face with a smirk.

"I love you that's why... besides, what you did... deserved fixing yes?" You continued to cry and moved away from the coldness of his hands. He, one by one began to pick off each feather. "I do this because I love you..." He plucked out the last feather and examined the inadequate amounts of crimson blood that cinched onto particular portions of the feather. "I want to protect you from Villians, protect you from others... yourself." He smiled and cupped your teary-eyed face. "Everything I have done... was for you and only you."

"Then tell me!" You spoke up and try to grip onto your thigh.

"Tell you what?" He questioned as he held onto the wet white rag gently placing it on the wound. You winced at the pain upon realizing the cloth was soaked in a mixture of both water and rubbing alcohol.

"Whose blood is on your hands." He stayed silent and pressed down roughly against your open wound with the cloth. He chuckled a bit and locked eyes with you muttering to himself before he finally spoke up.

"Mashirao Ojiro."

🌸

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘ ❀ ༓ ❀ ∘∙⊱⋅•⋅